"Green" card!

We are in the same boat here..Green Cards came with a middle initial not the Full Name Jiejun, card had Jie J Li, had to go to SSN office. If you get the green card before the SSN card chances are you'll have to go to an SSN office. The SSN will only be issued with the name that is on the Green Card. We were told we have to go the to the closest Immigration Sub-Station and get them changed. We have started the name change process for her. This could take awhile....

I'm sure it's no worry, but they call him "Jing Y." instead of "Jingyuan". In the gobbeldygook at the bottom though it does say "Jing>Yuan".

SS folks also say we should be getting a # in a week or two... here's hoping...

I'm not quite following..... his name is Jingyuan (family name then given name)... and they have Jing Y. ?? that is his 'last' name and then his first initial... If I read Jing Y, it makes me think "Jing" is a first name... I'd think they would at a minimum put: Jing, Y .

Yes, Jingyuan is first name, Lin family name. They have him as Jing Y. Lin instead of Jingyuan Lin. I don't think it's a big deal.

I see !! :wacko:

If you look back at any of the previous documents, did they have his two character first name separated or together.... Like, if you look at the NOA2, did it list his name as: Jingyuan or Jing yuan ?

When I first submitted Zixuan's name, I put the two character name together (like Zixuan and NOT like Zi xuan) and it has remained as one on other docs...

Gee, this sounds like the same problem we had. ZhiXian's name in the computer when we got to SS office was just Zhi then family name, they left out the Xian.

Did you all come into LAX by chance by China Southern Airlines? Wondering if this is the guy at the immigration counter that don't have a clue.

SS card arrived today, about 7 working days.

bob

As it turns out, just having the first part of her given name and then family name on SS card isn't much of a problem after all

What WAS a problem was AZ didn't want to issue Nicole an Id card until her green card arrived. Said they needed an I-94. Since she's IR-1 there is no I-94

Finally the local office faxed over to the head office in where ever that is here in Arizona and they said ok, but she'd have to renew the Id card every year.

Can't wait to see what the green card says, from what I have read on other posters it rarely comes out correct.

Bob

Yeah, people keep wanting our I-94 too. His green card is correct, just the Jing Y thing. We took it by the SSA yesterday cuz STILL no number. The guy we'd talked to was out and the "receptionist" guy kept saying about filling out an applicatin and "if he changed his status"... neither of which applies. This is driving me mad but hope the more senior man is actually on it.