Interview passed 4/28, K1 by mail 4/30

Dear CFL,

We are the happiest couple in the world today!!!! Wifey passed the interview on 4/28 and now has the K1 visa in hand!!!! It arrived by mail today. The wait is over!!!! She will arrive in NYC 05/15/05, a year and a week after I sent in the petition. On 4/28 after her interview we were a little upset to find out about the new mailing process, which took effect that day. They said it would take at least 4 days by mail, but it arrived today.

CFL is awsome! We couldn't have done it without the tremendous wealth of information and experience of the memebers.

Our wish is that everybody can be as happy as we are!!!!

Joray,

The system has ebbs and flows in terms of speed. I started the CR1 process 1 1/2 yrs ago. Fanny's interview is in 2 weeks. That's about normal for file 1 /12 yrs ago.

However, from what I've seen, I could have filed in May of 2004 and probably would still be interviewing about now. The California service center started churning out CR1 approvals in a couple months starting last Aug.

Does anyone know if you have to return home, or can you just wait a couple days and pick it up?

Does anyone know if you have to return home, or can you just wait a couple days and pick it up?

There's another post talking about this.. but here's the source link:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/index.html

Visa recipients from within Guangdong Province

Have the option of the Consulate mailing the visas directly to the applicant's home address. The visas may also be picked up at the designated China Post office on Shamian Island in Guangzhou, a short walk from the Consulate.

Applicants from outside of Guangdong Province

Must, for now, pick up their visa packages at the China Post office on Shamian Island near the Consulate. All immigrant visa recipients must use the China Post system for return of the visas. There will be a modest charge for this service. Details will be provided to each visa recipient on the day of their interview. "