how long does interview take?

It varies because of the way the process is. The interview itself last about 2 - 5 minutes average. Everyone receives a time of 8am. This is when the process starts. It has nothing to do with when she really gets the interview.

The process is as follows.

SO gets in line in front of the embassy. About 7:30, they are brought into a staging area. Around 8am they are let into the waiting room. They go to a window where they are given a slip of paper with a number. They are instructed to be back at 1pm. Very few people get their interview in the morning most come back at 1PM. Then again they are put into the staging area at about 1PM. Around 1:30 they are shuffled into the waiting room. I understand the interviews are started at 2PM. They are called up to the windows by the number on their slip of paper. It's luck of the draw which VO you actually end with. Interviews are processed until they are completed. It is an all day process. White slip result means you come back at four the next day for your visa.

I wonder why so few people get their interviews in the morning. If GUZ closes at 5pm, then it makes little sense to start the bulk of interviews at 2 pm. What are they doing in the morning? Picking their noses?

And if so, they are not really interviewing as many people as possible, because the first six hours of the day are wasted. No wonder the wait for an interview is so long.

I wonder why so few people get their interviews in the morning.  If GUZ closes at 5pm, then it makes little sense to start the bulk of interviews at 2 pm.  What are they doing in the morning?  Picking their noses?

probably they are taking documents submit by our SO in the morning, then interview in the noon