Case Approval at NVC

My wife's case approved by the NVC. I don't want to get too excited, but from reading all of your postings I feel I am getting closer to the end. Can anyone tell me what happens next? Is it sent to Guangzhou?

Thanks to all for your help, this web-site has been the most helpful resource for this entire process.

Matt & Stella

Matt & Stella, yes now it will get sent to the GZ parking lot. Don't get too excited yet, you do have a long wait yet. Probably at lease 3-5 more months maybe longer. But just stay here at CFL and if nothing else you can have some good laughs especially if you look at any of Trigg's posts. Anyway just sit back and be patient, something that I am not good at. Welcome to GZ

Bill

As impatient says, your files are probably now headed to GZ, but the process is very slow. You can do a search that will give you the means to track your shipment from the NVC. Essentially, you get the DHL tracking number from DHL and watch their website for a month or so to see when the last of the shipments to GZ clears "clearance delay" status. Once the package actually gets delivered to the consulate, it will take a while for GZ to enter the data into its computer base. Periodic telephone calls to the Dept. of State here in the US will help you determine when GZ enters the data. After that, it's wait time for the P3. Again, calls to DOS will help you know when all of this happens.

Good luck.

Yes man--welcome to our nightmare, I think your gonna like it ( Alice cooper)..

NVC will send it to GZ-they will sit on it anywhere from 2 weeks to two months-then they will send the p3-simple form to sedn back-then after a few months they will send P4=interview and more forms.

After you get extremely dizzy and start looking at sheep with wanting eyes-you will get your visa--Then the fun beigins.

Bill,

I did see some of Trigg's posts, funny stuff.  I am impatient too, but this process has made me deal with that side of me.  What actually happen in GZ that it takes so long?

Matt

Matt,

I have added my two cents in constantly, and I still stand on the same premis... you are dealing with governmental workers who have no job security pressure dealing with a quota of visa's issued. In other words, they can work fast, they can work slow, they can work on their head, they can work on their feet, they can work in the john, they can work out in the rain, but you can never ever expect them to work swiftly.... there is not a "threat" to their job if they dont meet a quota... so.......

sit back and enjoy the humor of the Trigg man..

:blink:

Matt:

You, Richard (ChineseWife) and myself are all CR-1 with NVC case completion dates in March (11th, 24th, and 30th).

If all goes well, our wife's interviews will probably be scheduled close together.

You do not have to do anything until GZ sends the P4. However with the DS-230, the NVC did send a checklist of want is need for the interview (you can also find this on the US Consulate at Guangzhou website).

Any questions, PM Richard or myself. Hey, if your wife recevies her P4 before us, then you can help us out.

Good luck !!!

Mark

Matt:

You, Richard (ChineseWife) and myself are all CR-1 with NVC case completion dates in March (11th, 24th, and 30th).

If all goes well, our wife's interviews will probably be scheduled close together.

You do not have to do anything until GZ sends the P4.  However with the DS-230, the NVC did send a checklist of want is need for the interview (you can also find this on the US Consulate at Guangzhou website).

Any questions, PM Richard or myself.  Hey, if your wife recevies her P4 before us, then you can help us out.

Good luck !!!

Mark

I am also CR-1. and yup... I am with you so far on this.

:blink:

Hi Matt & Stella , here is Xiaoqin.

I agreed that Frank said " your files are probably now headed to GZ, but

the process is very slow. You can do a search that will give you the means

to track your shipment from the NVC. Essentially, you get the DHL tracking

number from DHL and watch their website for a month or so to see when

the last of the shipments to GZ clears "clearance delay" status. Once the

package actually gets delivered to the consulate, it will take a while for GZ

to enter the data into its computer base. ......" Beside those ,GZ

consulate will send your files(think not all) to FBI for name check (most of

name check will be done within 120days ,you can call DOS to ask whether

the name check finish ),after name check, GZ will send you P4 tell you the

interviwe time in a month. :rolleyes: :wub:

Richard,

How did you know that the paperwork was received in Gunagzhou? I see this in your time line. Everyone says to do a search for the tracking number. A search on what? the DHL web-site? What am searching for(key word)?

If she does get it before you, I will do my best to explain why? :D

I hope we all can get it at the same time. Your wife is located in Shanghai, correct? We are nearby in Hangzhou.

Matt:

You do not have to do anything until GZ sends the P4.  However with the DS-230, the NVC did send a checklist of want is need for the interview (you can also find this on the US Consulate at Guangzhou website).

Any questions, PM Richard or myself.  Hey, if your wife recevies her P4 before us, then you can help us out.

Good luck !!!

Mark

I am also CR-1. and yup... I am with you so far on this.

:D

Bahan, I've been keeping an eye on your and jgrier's cases too.

Chinese Wife, I just called DOS again today, and received the same reply that I have gotten since my case has arrived in GZ... background/name check completed, in line for interview, no set date yet.. .have a terrific day.

Hmmmm.... terrific day? Dont they realize that it would be so much more terrific if they just told me a simple interview date?

Later gaters.. peace

:D

Just call 202-663-1225 that is the number for DOS, when the recording comes on, press #1 then #0. You will get an operator. You dont have to listen to the recording...

As far as tracking... not really sure. They just told me mine was there... I did not micro-manage that much... but close...

:ph34r: