What's an "A" number?

Ying read on 001 aout other girls having an "A" number, which they say that they got in the process of clearing Immigration with their K1 visa. She is worried because she is afraid that she doesnt have one...

Anybody know what they are referring to?

Also they didn't take her photo or fingerprints at the POE (although they did that in GZ). Other girls said they were printed and photographed upon arrival. I thought that perhaps they would, but I asked an Immigration officer and they said it was not necessary. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Bruce & Ying

Ying read on 001 aout other girls having an "A" number, which they say that they got in the process of clearing Immigration with their K1 visa.  She is worried because she is afraid that she doesnt have one...

Anybody know what they are referring to?

Also they didn't take her photo or fingerprints at the POE (although they did that in GZ).  Other girls said they were printed and photographed upon arrival.  I thought that perhaps they would, but I asked an Immigration officer and they said it was not necessary.  Anyone know?

Thanks,

Bruce & Ying

The A number starts with "A". Sorry, Bruce - couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

Usually the A number is hand written on the visa and/or the I-94. It starts with A and is usually followed by a 9 and consists of eight digits, exclusive of the A. I learned this from http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....b888f0f548a78da

Well, perhaps that's why they call it an 'A' number...

Anyways Ying hasn't got any such number, either on her visa or her I-94.... :( The only thing hand written on her I-94 is 'K1.' There is a red Immigration stamp that shows the entry date and a black stamp that shows the date 90 days after her entry. Nothing else.

There is a number that meets that description on her I-797, the form which notified her that the initial I-129F Petition had been approved. But it wasn't on her I-94 or visa.

I guess I'll try to call Immigration and see what we need to do next. If anyone has seen this problem before, I would greatly appreciate any info they might have.

Thanks,

Bruce & Ying

Guest dcwfn

I could be mistaken but it seems that I recall seeing an "A" number on some of my wife's origional paperwork. An "A" number is simply an alien registration number. I'd think that if she has her visa already that her A"A number would only serve as a referance point forimmigration purposes.

Please forgive my spelling.......lol

There is a number that meets that description on her I-797, the form which notified her that the initial I-129F Petition had been approved.

Bingo, that's her A number right there.

Great, just realized that I turned in the affidavit of support in w/out putting the A number on the form. There was no referrence to it in the instructions so I assumed it did not apply.

Great, just realized that I turned in the affidavit of support in w/out putting the A number on the form. There was no referrence to it in the instructions so I assumed it did not apply.

This is a little disturbing, I hope it does not cause any problems or delays.

Guest triumphrev

You said you found "A" number on original paperwork. Are you taking about P3 ? I have looked at everything they sent and can't find anything that looks like an A number.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...