Confused With New Visa Processing System

Dear All,

I was under the impression that the 'new system' implemented this past spring eliminates the need for a second namecheck clearance at the embassy end. I thought that all security/namechecks were completed in the US before going to the embassy abroad. Is that correct?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Dear All,

I was under the impression that the 'new system' implemented this past spring eliminates the need for a second namecheck clearance at the embassy end.  I thought that all security/namechecks were completed in the US before going to the embassy abroad.  Is that correct?

Richard

I don't know for sure either on the re-doing of the name check at GZ. But I do know they do another name check between P3 and P4 where that is done and by who I am not sure. :lol:

The NCIC check is now integrated into the CLASS name check that is run on every visa applicant, since inclusion of NCIC data in CLASS was mandated by the USA PATRIOT Act. If the namecheck returns an NCIC hit for the applicant, or a possible hit that the officer cannot rule out, the consular officer initiates fingerprinting of the applicant. The completed fingerprint card is forwarded to the FBI's CJIS facility in West Virginia. The result of the fingerprint check is forwarded to post via the National Visa Center. The consular officer then makes the determination as to the applicability of the returned information to the applicant's eligibility for a visa. The process normally takes several weeks.

The submittal of the DS-230 initiates the checks.

If the namecheck returns an NCIC hit for the applicant, or a possible hit that the officer cannot rule out, the consular officer initiates fingerprinting of the applicant.

This is brand new to me.....and the first clarification of the situation I've read. But.......it makes no sense.

The USC is the applicant; the Chinese fiance(e) is the beneficiary. As such, the Chinese citizen isn't likely to have a hit on NCIC and it's nearly impossible for the consulate to fingerprint the applicant (petitioner).

I'm sure you know what you meant, but the language is all wrong. Can you explain it further? Any references you are looking at that we can verify online?

Your info has always been good so I put a lot of weight in what you say. But, this one has my head spinning.........

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/schizo.gif

Thanks mikem and tywy_99

My timeline is as followed:

1st NOA for I-130 - March 4, 2003

1st NOA for I-129F - March 18, 2003

2nd NOA for I-129F - April 3, 2003

Package mailed from NVC to Embassy - July 8, 2003

Package received at Embassy after customs clearance - August 30, 2003

P3 Received - September 22 or 23, 2003

P3 mailed to Embassy - September 26, 2003

Currently waiting confirmation for receipt of P3

Based on the information above, is the process progressing as expected for someone under the 'new system'? Do any of you think that she, my wife, could be here before the Christmas holidays?

The USC is the petitioner, the benificiary of that petition becomes the applicant with submittal of the DS-230.

But.....as we chatted about the other day, in the K-1 process we only use half the DS-230. And, NCIC has nothing to do with international crimes unless arrested in the US.

Not picking a fight....I'd really like to understand (as do others).

NCIC also includes wants and warrants. If someone had entered the US on a student, business or work visa, it is possible they had a legal issue and could be in the system - or, someone with a similar name.

I have never heard of any Chinese being asked to give fingerprints, but I do know it happens sometimes in other countries. It likely happens in China, just not anyone posting on 001 or the other boards that we follow.

OK everyone back to the original question.. Is another name check done again at GZ or with the new/spring process "improvement" are all checks done here in U.S. and they are just processing the P3 and P4 in GZ.. Are name checks still done in China between P3 and P4 <_<

NCIC also includes wants and warrants. If someone had entered the US on a student, business or work visa, it is possible they had a legal issue and could be in the system - or, someone with a similar name.

I have never heard of any Chinese being asked to give fingerprints, but I do know it happens sometimes in other countries. It likely happens in China, just not anyone posting on 001 or the other boards that we follow.

OK everyone back to the original question.. Is another name check done again at GZ or with the new/spring process "improvement" are all checks done here in U.S. and they are just processing the P3 and P4 in GZ.. Are name checks still done in China between P3 and P4 <_<

The answer to your question is YES.

Security checks are conducted on the visa applicant pursuant regulations set forth by the PA.

What makes this process difficult is the common names among the Chinese.

All hits, if any, no matter how remote, must be cleared. This can take time. This is what I know about it from talking with someone from the consulate. Names do make the difference.

The USC is the petitioner, the benificiary of that petition becomes the applicant with submittal of the DS-230.

But.....as we chatted about the other day, in the K-1 process we only use half the DS-230. And, NCIC has nothing to do with international crimes unless arrested in the US.

Not picking a fight....I'd really like to understand (as do others).

Dave,

The DS-230 is the application for immigrant visa. Once the DS-230 is submitted to post the beneficiary becomes the applicant and is therefore subjected to the security checks as stated by law.

Part II of the DS-230 I hear is in the I-130 P4 and is filled in stateside but I have no confirmation of this.

Thanks mikem and tywy_99

Based on the information above, is the process progressing as expected for someone under the 'new system'?  Do any of you think that she, my wife, could be here before the Christmas holidays?

Looks good to me. You are in good shape. P4 shouldn't be much longer. The optimistic view would be interview by end of November. Hang in there. We all will get thru it. B)

Dear All,

I was under the impression that the 'new system' implemented this past spring eliminates the need for a second namecheck clearance at the embassy end.  I thought that all security/namechecks were completed in the US before going to the embassy abroad.  Is that correct?

Richard

Under the "new" system (effective March 1) it is my understanding, at least with all K3 visas (and it would seem all K1 visas, as well), that all security/name checks are completed prior to forwarding the cases to the U.S. Consulate's Office in GZ. It would make absolutely no sense for the U.S. Consulate's office to once again perform those security checks once the case has reached GZ. In my communication with NVC, DOS, and FBI, security checks were being done on the beneficiary (and I'm sure on me, as well). IF those security checks are done once again in GZ, what would the real purpose be, other than to further delay the processing time? A little redundant, isn't it?

Thanks mikem and tywy_99

Based on the information above, is the process progressing as expected for someone under the 'new system'?  Do any of you think that she, my wife, could be here before the Christmas holidays?

You're smokin' through the process, dude! You started after me and passed me up! I'm dying for a P3 right now... :D

Thanks mikem and tywy_99

Based on the information above, is the process progressing as expected for someone under the 'new system'?  Do any of you think that she, my wife, could be here before the Christmas holidays?

You're smokin' through the process, dude! You started after me and passed me up! I'm dying for a P3 right now... :angry:

Hey I smoke through the process only to get bog down at GZ for 3 months now. My Time line is

K1

file May 1

1 loa May 5

2 loa may 17 sent to NVC

NVC sent petition to GZ June 5

P3 sent June 27

waiting ever since for finale security clearance