I am trying to assemble all of the information to submit the I-129 application. I posted the questions below to another forum but received zero replies. I am hoping that someone with experience or insight can shed some light on the two questions below. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

My girl lives in a house (China) that she is purchasing in her name through a school employee program where she works. She has lived there for 9 years with her parents. Her parents own their own house but they rent it out to others for extra money and they live with her.

She tells me that her family registry lists her parents address as her address because she has never been married.

Question #1 What address do we use when filing the G325a and I-129f

Question #2 The post office where she lives does not deliver mail to her house. It is either stolen or not delivered. Everything I send her will only arrive when I send it to the school where she works. Will this cause a problem when she receives mailings during the K-1 process? I think DHL will deliver to her home. Will all mailing be done through DHL? Any suggestions or thoughts.

Thanks,

Max

I am trying to assemble all of the information to submit the I-129 application. I posted the questions below to another forum but received zero replies. I am hoping that someone with experience or insight can shed some light on the two questions below. Thanks for your help.

Hello,

My girl lives in a house (China) that she is purchasing in her name through a school employee program where she works. She has lived there for 9 years with her parents. Her parents own their own house but they rent it out to others for extra money and they live with her.

She tells me that her family registry lists her parents address as her address because she has never been married.

Question #1 What address do we use when filing the G325a and I-129f

Question #2 The post office where she lives does not deliver mail to her house. It is either stolen or not delivered. Everything I send her will only arrive when I send it to the school where she works. Will this cause a problem when she receives mailings during the K-1 process? I think DHL will deliver to her home. Will all mailing be done through DHL? Any suggestions or thoughts.

Thanks,

Max

As far as I know you would use the address where she lives. Others will chime in that know more than I do and tell you what the scoop is.

Q.1: List where she lives. (I'm not sure what the alternative is.. unless you saying she is about to purchase a house and should she use the new address).

Q.2: That could be a problem since the consulate needs an address they can deliver to... that might change the first answer now!

She really needs to use an address where she can receive mail...

Q.2: That could be a problem since the consulate needs an address they can deliver to... that might change the first answer now!

Question #3) Will all mailings sent to her be done by DHL? I think DHL will knock on the door and make delivery.

Question #4) Like I stated in my original post "The post office where she lives does not deliver mail to her house. It is either stolen or not delivered. Everything I send her will only arrive when I send it to the school where she works." So - If I use the address of her school where I usually send her mail, will it be rejected during the application process because it is not a residential address?

I know this is really a bad situation but I have been trying for almost 2 years to get the mailbox at her building to accept mail. The mailbox is damaged and the building owner says it is the Post Offices responsibility to fix the box and the Post Office says it is the building owners responsibility. So, no mail delivery. I have been trying to get this problem solved but living in the US it has been next to impossible. It doesn't seem to be much of a problem for the residents there because when I mention it, everyone seems to not care. Therefore all my mailings have gone to the school where she works.

If all delivery is done by DHL I think the problem goes away because they will "hand deliver". If I use the school address I am afraid it will raise red flags and cause delays. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Question #3) Will all mailings sent to her be done by DHL? I think DHL will knock on the door and make delivery.

Question #4) Like I stated in my original post "The post office where she lives does not deliver mail to her house. It is either stolen or not delivered. Everything I send her will only arrive when I send it to the school where she works." So - If I use the address of her school where I usually send her mail, will it be rejected during the application process because it is not a residential address?

I know this is really a bad situation but I have been trying for almost 2 years to get the mailbox at her building to accept mail. The mailbox is damaged and the building owner says it is the Post Offices responsibility to fix the box and the Post Office says it is the building owners responsibility. So, no mail delivery. I have been trying to get this problem solved but living in the US it has been next to impossible. It doesn't seem to be much of a problem for the residents there because when I mention it, everyone seems to not care. Therefore all my mailings have gone to the school where she works.

If all delivery is done by DHL I think the problem goes away because they will "hand deliver". If I use the school address I am afraid it will raise red flags and cause delays. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Question #3 - They use EMS, not DHL. EMS is China Posts version of Express Mail.

Question #4 - It will not matter. List the address where her mail is delivered. Don't overthink this. Many Chinese get mail at workplaces because for one reason or another they can not get mail where they currently live and traveling back to their registry residence is not a valid option.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=28171&hl=

GUZ is well aware of this and you won't have any issues.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)