Visitor's visa

I was thinking in light of my extended wait. Can my wife visit here?

If so how long would the process take. Wouldn't she have to show reasons why she would return to china, like property and such?

If she did visit, she wouldn't bring her son who is being petitioned along with her on the I-130.

I mentioned to her this morning and she has really become excited about the idea. Not sure if it is worth the time and money, but if she could come and stay for 1 or 2 months, I'm sure it would be nice.

Getting a visitors visa is hard for a Chinese National under normal circumstances, but when they are waiting for an immigrant visa, it becomes even harder.

Wife needs to show solid ties back to China like home, child, work, etc..

I have read a few posts on VJ where people have done it from other third world countries, usually the visitor has a track record of traveling to foreign countries and USA and returning to home country before applying for the visitor's visa.

Example:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37925

But in most cases the consular officer sees the pending visa case in the system and denies the tourist visa based on existing immigrations intent.

Vistor's visa can be applied for at any consulate or the embassy in China.

Good Luck.

Getting a visitors visa is hard for a Chinese National under normal circumstances, but when they are waiting for an immigrant visa, it becomes even harder.

Wife needs to show solid ties back to China like home, child, work, etc..

I have read a few posts on VJ where people have done it from other third world countries, usually the visitor has a track record of traveling to foreign countries and USA and returning to home country before applying for the visitor's visa.

Example:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37925

But in most cases the consular officer sees the pending visa case in the system and denies the tourist visa based on existing immigrations intent.

Vistor's visa can be applied for at any consulate or the embassy in China.

Good Luck.

Dan, you are the man !!!! :ph34r:

This is a perfectly crafted and very up to date response !!

This should be pinned somewhere, because this question comes up so often. And yes, even though chances are slim for a young woman from the PRC to get the visitor visa; nothing is lost in making one's case and trying for it. :secret:

This should be pinned somewhere, because this question comes up so often. And yes, even though chances are slim for a young woman from the PRC to get the visitor visa; nothing is lost in making one's case and trying for it. :secret:

the fee is $100 non-refundable, plus a trip to the consulate

Thanks for the responses. My wife has been so excited thinking about it. I just brought it up "lightly"... the "001 ladies" tell her it is possible.

She does have property in china and her son wouldn't be coming...

A trip to Guangzhou would cost about $200 or less, plus the $100 for the filing fee. It is nice to see her so excited, especially since she is so anxious about the P2 not being here lately.... We'll see. :secret:

Charles the thing that burns me up about this whole situation is that thousands of illegals come here most everyday and the US does nothing about it. Our government just sits and watches them on the streets everyday knowing full well they are illegals.

But a taxpaying, law abiding, US citizen whom wants his wife to visit could easily be denied. I hope this dream comes true for you but I also hope the potential disappointment is not to detrimental. Good luck to you brother Charles.

I think I will talk to my Congressman about this very issue!!!

Charles the thing that burns me up about this whole situation is that thousands of illegals come here most everyday and the US does nothing about it. Our government just sits and watches them on the streets everyday knowing full well they are illegals.

But a taxpaying, law abiding, US citizen whom wants his wife to visit could easily be denied. I hope this dream comes true for you but I also hope the potential disappointment is not to detrimental. Good luck to you brother Charles.

Thanks C, I will be ok with whatever happens. Actually, I'm thinking more of filing the WoM more than my wife visiting. If she were to get a visitors visa, she could stay here longer than I could stay in China.

Go ahead and try, but don't expect to get the B1. My fiance was denied for the 4th time in 11 months yesterday in Shanghai. She was told that meeting my family and making wedding plans was "our problem" by the VO; even though these are specifically addressed in the handbook as legitimate reasons for granting a B1. I can't really discourage you from trying, but please don't expect much. Disappointment is likely.

Thanks C, I will be ok with whatever happens. Actually, I'm thinking more of filing the WoM more than my wife visiting. If she were to get a visitors visa, she could stay here longer than I could stay in China.

What is the WoM?

what happens if a chinese citizen is denied a US visa....

other then the money they waste, is this something bad to have denials in their record?

To have been denied a visitors visa will have no affect on getting an immigrant visa. Yan was turned down twice for a visitors visa ,It was a non issue during the interview.