Anyone know about China visa for usc

I was talking to friends tonight, and said I have to send off for more visa entries to China.

They were surprised I was still travelling as a visitor when I have a Chinese wife.

I don't know of any visa process that would let me travel to live with my wife like a green card is in america.

Do you guys know?

Is there a way I can become a permanent resident in China?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has been discussed before... I thought the general idea was that a USC (as the spouse) could get a one year visa.. to be eligible for anything like a GC in china, I think you need to live there a few years...

THe bottom line is, only the chinese consulate is going to issue one, so you might as well go talk to them... and then let us know !

I was talking to friends tonight, and said I have to send off for more visa entries to China.

They were surprised I was still travelling as a visitor when I have a Chinese wife.

I don't know of any visa process that would let me travel to live with my wife like a green card is in america.

Do you guys know?

Good Luck

I have been in China over 10 years on business, travel, teaching medicine, doing whatever and I still can not get the embassy in LA to issue a 1 year visa. We even had a medical company in Guangdong, but no help. The best I have managed over the years is a multiple entry "M" good for 1 year.....60 day stay.....sometimes they issue a 90 day stay...for a few years it was good for only 30 day stays....90 days cuts down on the trips to Macaw or HK.. I have learned to live with the issue. This year I foffered the embassy a lump sum payment so they would not miss the revenue from jerking me around but no deal!!!

China does has the permanent residency system now. It was issued in 2005 or 2006 for the first time, and CCTV reported it. They were issued to the foreigners living in China for years. Similar to the States, you need to be in China to apply for it, not through a Chinese embassy in the States.

In order to obtain a Chinese green card, you need:

* married with a Chinese citizen or Chinese Permanent Resident

* married over 5 years and have lived in China for at least 5 years (9 months of each year during the five year qualifying period must be in China)

* Has stable income and permanent abode (in China)

* Passed the Chinese medical exam

* No criminal record

Edited by Stone (see edit history)

I never got one, but the PSB in Chengdu told me that I just need to show my marriage book, passport, and the correct forms, and they would give me a one year tourist visa... I'm not sure how easy it is to get this visa while in the US... It's probably not a big deal to get it in Hong Kong...

Kinda unrelated question... Can Americans get a 1 year business visa in Hong Kong? I got one a few years ago but then they changed the law so that everyone BUT Americans could get one.

Can Americans get a 1 year business visa in Hong Kong? I got one a few years ago but then they changed the law so that everyone BUT Americans could get one.

Thats true.

If you HAD one before the law was changed,then you can still get one now.

What ever you have had in the past,you can get again,but you need to point it out to them by putting a post-it note on that page or submit a photocopy when making application.

Do you guys know?

Good Luck

I have been in China over 10 years on business, travel, teaching medicine, doing whatever and I still can not get the embassy in LA to issue a 1 year visa. We even had a medical company in Guangdong, but no help. The best I have managed over the years is a multiple entry "M" good for 1 year.....60 day stay.....sometimes they issue a 90 day stay...for a few years it was good for only 30 day stays....90 days cuts down on the trips to Macaw or HK.. I have learned to live with the issue. This year I foffered the embassy a lump sum payment so they would not miss the revenue from jerking me around but no deal!!!

You are not currently married to a Chinese person?

What kind of China Visa should an American expect to get after they marry a Chinese Citizen in the USA?

Edited by Threadbare (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest knloregon

Threadbare

Referenced Dashan---- this guy is great! I always try to get his programs on the tv when I travel to China... I have only had 100% success in Guangdong... Seems most people in China want to learn English, not Mandarin, for some reason.... :lol:

Can Americans get a 1 year business visa in Hong Kong? I got one a few years ago but then they changed the law so that everyone BUT Americans could get one.

Thats true.

If you HAD one before the law was changed,then you can still get one now.

What ever you have had in the past,you can get again,but you need to point it out to them by putting a post-it note on that page or submit a photocopy when making application.

That's strange, I just got issued my M visa (one year multiple entry) from the Chinese consulate in LA last Sept.

I got a 2 year, category L, multi entry (M), 120 day duration of each stay visa

in the Chinese Embassy in NYC in Nov '06 to come stay with my fiance to China & wait for her K-1 together - for $150 US. I went personally to the embassy because I live nearby, but maybe you can look up their website and do everything by mail.