Your mainland Chinese lady can transit Hong Kon

Guest Thomas B

Guest Thomas B

Many of us avoided bringing our ladyÕs home through Hong Kong because we were under the impression there was a lot of red tape involved. I posed the question to the Hong Kong Immigration Department directly through their website to see if I could get a straight answer. The good news is that they have no problem with doing this. All she needs is here passport and the air transit ticket to prove she has a flight booked within 7 days on her entrance to Hong Kong. So you can cut down on the number of flights she has to take if she leaving from Hong Kong International Airport is more convenient.

Question asked of the

Hong Kong Immigration Department,

Receipt and Despatch Unit, 2/F,

Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road,

Wan Chai, Hong Kong.

Dear Hong Kong Immigration Department,

I would like to have my fiancŽe, a certified passport holder and resident of Mainland China fly out of Hong Kong International Airport. I was told that she couldnÕt do this without getting some sort of permit in advance of her trip. Does she need this?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Under the present immigration policies, holders of People's Republic of

China (PRC) passport may be in transit through the Hong Kong Special

Administrative Region (HKSAR) to or from the Mainland and an overseas

country/territory without the need of an entry permit. On each arrival,

they will normally be allowed to stay for seven days on 'visitor'

condition, provided normal immigration requirements are met, including

possession of valid entry facilities for the destination and confirmed

onward booking for their overseas journey.

Regarding to the information on arrangements for entry to Hong Kong from

Mainland China, you may browse to the following website:

http://www.info.gov.hk/immd/english/topical/e/6.htm

Transit from Mainland China to Hong Kong for travel purposes

4. Chinese passport holders who are in transit through Hong Kong to and from another country or territory may be granted a stay of seven days on each landing without the prior need to obtain an entry permit provided that usual immigration requirements are met, including possession of valid entry facilities for the destination and confirmed onward booking for the overseas journey.

:D

All true.  We did it with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Tex:

Glad to see you are alive and well. :o Was beginning to worry about you! Really enjoyed our time spent together in GZ. Just to update you, Li and I have decided to get out of Dodge quicker than expected. Will fly out of GZ on Friday night for LAX and then on to Cincy and Nashville. Decided to avoid HK due to the outbreak of the respiratory illness there. Reported cases now nearing 300 with average of 20-30 new cases per day. Don't relish the idea of traveling through this and then on an enclosed plane for many hours. :lol:

Anyway, glad to hear from you again. How is the beautiful lady adjusting to life in Houston? :lol: :lol: :o