this is getting no where...

I emailed Maura Harty last night, hoping they can do something to find out why our case is taking so long, and this is what I got back..

"For information related to inquiries about visa cases and the application process, call 202-663-1225. You will have to listen to one message before you are given the option to speak with an officer."

:)

Guest pushbrk
I emailed Maura Harty last night, hoping they can do something to find out why our case is taking so long, and this is what I got back..

"For information related to inquiries about visa cases and the application process, call 202-663-1225. You will have to listen to one message before you are given the option to speak with an officer."

:)

222830[/snapback]

Often the reply is chosen because of the question. What specific question did you ask?

:headbang:

222830[/snapback]

Often the reply is chosen because of the question. What specific question did you ask?

222843[/snapback]

This is what I wrote...any suggestion on how I should compose my questions? :blush: :blush:

================================================

Dear Sir or Madam:

I initiated the K1 visa application for my fianc¨¦ last June. It was approved by DOS and my fianc¨¦ had his interview with Guangzhou Consulate on November 10th 2005. Unfortunately because of my fianc¨¦¡¯s former membership with CCP (Chinese Communist Party), GUZ was not able to issue the visa for him right away. We filled out a questionnaire requested by GUZ to explain his involvement with CCP in November and were told to go home and wait. On April 22nd 2006, GUZ

requested an additional document to state my fianc¨¦ education background and employment history and we did that. 45 days have passed and we still haven¡¯t heard anything from GUZ. It has been more than 6 months since my fianc¨¦ had the interview with GUZ. I have been calling DOS once a week and email GUZ constantly but every time I was told our case was still pending and they do not know how much longer it is going to take.

Dear Sir or Madam, I have known my fianc¨¦ for more than 10 years and I can guarantee that he is a very nice and honest person with no negative intentions. He will not do anything to harm the United States and his only reason for wanting to come here is so that we can be together and build a life here. The only reason he joined CCP was because it could help him to find a job easier. A lot of people do this in China and it doesn¡¯t constitute a desire or involvement with anything out of the ordinary. He is such an honest person who admitted his participation unlike most people who deny their participation. I know that after you do all the checks you may need you will come to the same conclusion I have that he is a terrific person and allow him to come here.

Dear Sir or Madam, can you please help us to find out why our case is taking so long? Is there anything we can do to speed up the process? Any help from you will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Guest pushbrk

:headbang:

222830[/snapback]

222843[/snapback]

This is what I wrote...any suggestion on how I should compose my questions? :blush: :blush:

================================================

Dear Sir or Madam:

I initiated the K1 visa application for my fianc¨¦ last June. It was approved by DOS and my fianc¨¦ had his interview with Guangzhou Consulate on November 10th 2005. Unfortunately because of my fianc¨¦¡¯s former membership with CCP (Chinese Communist Party), GUZ was not able to issue the visa for him right away. We filled out a questionnaire requested by GUZ to explain his involvement with CCP in November and were told to go home and wait. On April 22nd 2006, GUZ

requested an additional document to state my fianc¨¦ education background and employment history and we did that. 45 days have passed and we still haven¡¯t heard anything from GUZ. It has been more than 6 months since my fianc¨¦ had the interview with GUZ. I have been calling DOS once a week and email GUZ constantly but every time I was told our case was still pending and they do not know how much longer it is going to take.

Dear Sir or Madam, I have known my fianc¨¦ for more than 10 years and I can guarantee that he is a very nice and honest person with no negative intentions. He will not do anything to harm the United States and his only reason for wanting to come here is so that we can be together and build a life here. The only reason he joined CCP was because it could help him to find a job easier. A lot of people do this in China and it doesn¡¯t constitute a desire or involvement with anything out of the ordinary. He is such an honest person who admitted his participation unlike most people who deny their participation. I know that after you do all the checks you may need you will come to the same conclusion I have that he is a terrific person and allow him to come here.

Dear Sir or Madam, can you please help us to find out why our case is taking so long? Is there anything we can do to speed up the process? Any help from you will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

222927[/snapback]

If what you want to ask is "Why is our case taking so long?" then you have effectively asked that question. However, before asking the question you gave the answer. Your case is taking as long as it is taking because your fiance's involvement with the Communist Party is being evaluated to determine their eligibility. There has been progress but the evaluation is not yet complete.

While 45 days after submission of the Resume seems and feels like a long time, unfortunately by government processing standards it is not. Until this particular step is completed, nobody can tell you whether it is the last step or there will be more information requested.

If what you want to ask is "Why is our case taking so long?" then you have effectively asked that question.  However, before asking the question you gave the answer.  Your case is taking as long as it is taking because your fiance's involvement with the Communist Party is being evaluated to determine their eligibility.  There has been progress but the evaluation is not yet complete.

While 45 days after submission of the Resume seems and feels like a long time, unfortunately by government processing standards it is not.  Until this particular step is completed, nobody can tell you whether it is the last step or there will be more information requested.

222936[/snapback]

pushbrk, thank you for your reply. I guess I should ask why the evaluation process is taking so long then? Remember before GUZ came back to US to request the resume, we had already waited 5 months. What happened in those five months? Why couldn't they request the resume together with the questionaire? :headbang:

I know there's very little we can do at this time. I am just afraid that it is going to take another five months or even longer... :blush: :blush: :(

Guest pushbrk
If what you want to ask is "Why is our case taking so long?" then you have effectively asked that question.  However, before asking the question you gave the answer.  Your case is taking as long as it is taking because your fiance's involvement with the Communist Party is being evaluated to determine their eligibility.  There has been progress but the evaluation is not yet complete.

While 45 days after submission of the Resume seems and feels like a long time, unfortunately by government processing standards it is not.  Until this particular step is completed, nobody can tell you whether it is the last step or there will be more information requested.

222936[/snapback]

pushbrk, thank you for your reply. I guess I should ask why the evaluation process is taking so long then? Remember before GUZ came back to US to request the resume, we had already waited 5 months. What happened in those five months? Why couldn't they request the resume together with the questionaire? :smoker:

I know there's very little we can do at this time. I am just afraid that it is going to take another five months or even longer... :( :( :(

222949[/snapback]

I don't think you would have gotten any different answer by asking that. Whatever happened during those five months is now in the past.

As frustrating as it is not knowing, I doubt any specific inquiry would be made my Maura Harty's office until the evaluation had taken longer than whatever DOS considers normal. Any answer you get before that time would translate to "It takes as long as it takes".

We have no way of knowing how many other people are being evaluated for the same issues, how long your case sits in a pile or how many different piles before being touched and acted on by how many people. Even if you knew all those details, nobody would be able to tell you how long it will sit in the next pile before whatever the next task might be is competed.

I am sorry to rub salt in an open wound but... looking back, what do you think you should have done to prevent that original blue slip that has caused all of this trouble?

My fiancee is also in the CCP (she just joined last year in hopes of a promotion at work, but now we're kicking ourselves), and our interview is a few months away... I've read hundreds of posts on this site about what to do, but there seems to be no sure path to a visa.

Good luck, and jia you, I think we're right behind you.

I am sorry to rub salt in an open wound but... looking back, what do you think you should have done to prevent that original blue slip that has caused all of this trouble? 

My fiancee is also in the CCP (she just joined last year in hopes of a promotion at work, but now we're kicking ourselves), and our interview is a few months away... I've read hundreds of posts on this site about what to do, but there seems to be no sure path to a visa.

Good luck, and jia you, I think we're right behind you.

223529[/snapback]

you best have her resign immediately.... document it fully...

good luck!

Resigning from the Communist Party does not mean you were not a member of the Communist Party. Be extremely careful in answering questions with the VO. In the AOS process you are specifically asked if you were a member of the Communist Party, both on paper and at the interview. If it is determined that you lied or they think you lied to the VO or IO to enter or remain in the US they can begin deportation proceedings.

On the GNI-2 form sent in P4 the following question comes up:

7. List all organizations or political parties you are now or have been a member of or affiliated with since your sixteenth birthday. Include professional, vocational, social and political organizations:

There are those who have been asked if they were a member who had documentation prepared for the question and presented the evidence in the interview and received their visa without any issue. If there is a question about this you might want to look at the threads that talk about it or secure an attorney who has successfully dealt with this issue.