Anyone familiar with resubmission of CCP Statement

Is anyone familiar with resubmitting a statement requested by the visa officer regarding CCP involvement? The letter she wrote was "Non-advised by outside legal assistance".

Also, anyone familiar with the waiver petition process?

They sent a very confusing letter stating that she was "Permanently Ineligible" for involvement with the CPC which she admitted too during her interview. I understand the laws state that she can submit a waiver peitition request. Do I need to go ahead and do this?

My understanding was that according to the laws, they were supposed to assist her with filling out an I-601 form. No such form exists in any of the documents she has.

Having a real problem here.

Thank you

The link will take you to the form to download. Hope this helps.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-601.htm

I-601, Application for Waiver of Ground of Excludability

Purpose of Form: For an alien who is ineligible to enter the United States to apply for a waiver of excludability.

Number of Pages: 7

Edition Date: 10/26/05. 4/30/04 version also accepted.

Where to File: If you are not in the United States, file this application with the American embassy or consulate where you are filing for a visa.

If you are in the United States and are applying for status as a permanent resident, file with the local office having jurisdiction over your place of residence.

Filing Fee: $265

If the application is filed for an alien who has tuberculosis, is mentally retarded, or has a history of mental illness, there is no fee required.

Please consult the "Paying Fees" section of your local office to learn which forms of payment are accepted. Acceptable forms of payment may vary by office. Checks should be made payable to Department of Homeland Security or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

I'd recommend discussing this with an Immigration Attorney Specializing in I-601 Waiver of Excludability before filing anything else, you are looking for someone who has specifically worked with this issue before and preferably someone who has a reasonable success rate. You may not find one locally, but experience in this area is extremely important. You may decide to file the paperwork yourself, but you need to be sure that is the way you want to go.

Seems like a hole has been dug and it would be wise to not make it any deeper.

Guest pushbrk
Is anyone familiar with resubmitting a statement requested by the visa officer regarding CPC involvement?  The letter she wrote was "Non-advised by outside legal assistance". 

Also, anyone familiar with the waiver petition process? 

They sent a very confusing letter stating that she was "Permanently Ineligible" for involvement with the CPC which she admitted too during her interview.  I understand the laws state that she can submit a waiver peitition request.  Do I need to go ahead and do this?

My understanding was that according to the laws, they were supposed to assist her with filling out an I-601 form.  No such form exists in any of the documents she has.

Having a real problem here. 

Thank you

208361[/snapback]

Your question is a little difficult to follow. It seems you are asking about resubmitting a letter on the one hand and filing for a waiver on the other. With more complete details, perhaps some assistance would be forthcoming.

Is there some indication they want a new letter?

Is anyone familiar with resubmitting a statement requested by the visa officer regarding CPC involvement?0„2 The letter she wrote was "Non-advised by outside legal assistance".0„2

Also, anyone familiar with the waiver petition process?0„2

They sent a very confusing letter stating that she was "Permanently Ineligible" for involvement with the CPC which she admitted too during her interview.0„2 I understand the laws state that she can submit a waiver peitition request.0„2 Do I need to go ahead and do this?

My understanding was that according to the laws, they were supposed to assist her with filling out an I-601 form.0„2 No such form exists in any of the documents she has.

Having a real problem here.0„2

Thank you

208361[/snapback]

Your question is a little difficult to follow. It seems you are asking about resubmitting a letter on the one hand and filing for a waiver on the other. With more complete details, perhaps some assistance would be forthcoming.

Is there some indication they want a new letter?

208374[/snapback]

The "Permanently Ineligible" pretty much tells the story and without an attorney who is provided EVERYTHING that was given to the VO there isn't any good way to move.

An attorney may be able to explain she did not understand the questions being asked of her and that her attempt to explain her membership did not translate well into English and get a shot at a waiver hearing, but overcoming the VO's decission could be difficult.