Still getting started

Ni How ma!-----Ty How La!

Is a Single/non Marital Status Certificate and a Certification of Marrigeability the same document?

If it is I'd rather go the U.S embassy in GuangZhou and get it there.

It sounds easier that way.

I will not be too far from there anyhow when I go to China to get married March 1st till early April. I've spent some time in GuangZhou before. My SO even has reletives and freinds there. It sounds like it is alot easier to get the Certificate that way then to go through all the rigem roll it takes to get it here in the U.S. ---If these documents are or is the same thing that is. (one in the same?).

I will be getting my Certified Divorce Decree very soon. So I will have that and my birth Certificate ready to go.

Also I just sent an e-mail to my spouse and I'am trying to find out about translation of documents. Her hometown where we will marry at the marrage office is GanZhou in JiangXi province.

I wonder if I can get documents translated here before going over? I also live close enough to visit the China Consulate in SF.

Thank you again for any information or suggustions ------Ben

Guest pushbrk

Is a Single/non Marital Status Certificate and a Certification of Marrigeability the same document?

I will not be too far from there anyhow when I go to China to get married March 1st till early April.  I've spent some time in GuangZhou before. My SO even has reletives and freinds there. It sounds like it is alot easier to get the Certificate that way then to go through all the rigem roll it takes to get it here in the U.S. ---If these documents are or is the same thing that is.  (one in the same?).

I will be getting my Certified Divorce Decree very soon. So I will have that and my birth Certificate ready to go.

Also I just sent an e-mail to my spouse and I'am trying to find out about translation of documents. Her hometown where we will marry at the marrage office is GanZhou in JiangXi province.

I wonder if I can get documents translated here before going over? I also live close enough to visit the China Consulate in SF.

185703[/snapback]

Yes, it will be easier and less expensive to obtain the certificate of marriageablity at GUZ. Depending on the specific requirements of the marriage office, you may not need anything translated at all.

On the other hand, if you will need your divorce decree translated, it will need to be done by a certified translator that has a notary stamp the marriage office will accept. With no exceptions I know of, this means a Notarial office in China or a Chinese Consulate in the USA.

I suggest you have your SO find out directly from her marriage office, whether they will accept the bi-lingual Certificate from Guangzhou as the sole document. If so, no translation of English documents are needed.

I will not be too far from there anyhow when I go to China to get married March 1st till early April.  I've spent some time in GuangZhou before. My SO even has reletives and freinds there. It sounds like it is alot easier to get the Certificate that way then to go through all the rigem roll it takes to get it here in the U.S. ---If these documents are or is the same thing that is.  (one in the same?).

185703[/snapback]

If you're that close to the embassy you should read Procedure for obtaining a single/non-marital status certificate .

This is what I did and all went smoothly for the registration of marriage in China, December, 2004.

Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)

remember to contact GUZ to make sure they are open on the specific day you want to go...you might consider going on a Friday because they have a session where you could meet with a VO (visa officer). I have not done as such but others might be able to further explain benefits from such a plan.

Edited by longstrangetrip (see edit history)