The threat of third party correspondance

Lately as I am reading the posts here, I found more and more blue slips (denials) were related to so-called "third party correspondences". Why does the Consulate give so much weight to those "correspondences"? Does the Consulate VO need some substantiating evidences besides that simple anonymous letter? For those CFL members who posted their timelines here and who also used their real names here, are they at greater risk of third-party correspondences?

Edited by Stone (see edit history)
It is what it is. The best advice is to keep quiet until the visa is in hand.

159962[/snapback]

If we lived in a Perfect world then no one would worry about keeping quite

But Chinese culture is what it is too

My So is now worried sick because too many people know about our engagement and some of them are NOt Nice

I am not going to lose any sleep over it since it would be impossible to "keep quite " we /she does not go around blabbing about going to the USA .

But Chinese people are the nosiest people in the world and since I have been seen with her -people can put 2 and 2 together .

So I am trying to have all my documentation together and hopefully we will get lucky . :)

159962[/snapback]

If we lived in a Perfect world then no one would worry about keeping quite

But Chinese culture is what it is too

My So is now worried sick because too many people know about our engagement and some of them are NOt Nice

I am not going to lose any sleep over it since it would be impossible to "keep quite " we /she does not go around blabbing about going to the USA .

But Chinese people are the nosiest people in the world and since I have been seen with her -people can put 2 and 2 together .

So I am trying to have all my documentation together and hopefully we will get lucky . :)

160021[/snapback]

:)

It would probably help a whole lot if I could spell Quiet correctly :ph34r:

Guest ShaQuaNew

If someone has been talking to more than one lady in the same city, and then decided upon one and dropped the other, they are a prime candidate for the scorned woman scenario. There are unscrupulous people everywhere. It's a good policy to avoid these types and not piss them off while your in the Visa process. :)

Also, there simply ain't much of this happening. Most of those that are regular members here seem to be a bit wiser than others.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Seriously  ...I use my real name on this site.  I am open.  It is a very bad thing if this is penalized. 160037[/snapback]

Same here. I got tired of the whole nickname/alter-ego thing that seems so common on the net. I use my real name here, Yahoo/email, website, and just about everywhere else. I was lucky that my wife was much more discreet.

In defense of the VO, their job is to weed out phony applicants. If they receive info that would make the applicant unqualified for a visa, they need to act on it. If they didn't, they wouldn't be doing their job. Each applicant is nothing more than another 'case'. It's not people - it's a file that needs to be processed. Forget that and you end up in trouble.

159962[/snapback]

I think these two points cannot be repeated enough...

As hard as it is, one must keep QUIET.

Secondly, the VO is like a judge; if he gets two differing comments on a case, he has to decide which one is telling the truth... and this is not going to come as quickly as the approval stamp does.

I think the question of whether revealing our names, etc open us up to 3rd party correspondence is a very valid one... there are some who use handles which 'hide' their identity and they will not even publish the interview dates... That's ok, and every should pursue the process as they most feel comfortable.

If you look at the cases of 3rd party correspondence, most (if not all) have to do with a service which originally was meant to help the SO or a friend of the SO who became upset or jealous.

There are some comments in the FAQ, quoting the past problems. So, you can search by a string of words and then read up on those cases in more detail...

I'm also a little worried about the 3rd party stuff (if you haven't noticed, I am a bit or a worrier :cheering:). If the consulate receives any 3rd party stuff, will they let you know before the interview, or do they hit you with it at the interview. I don't think the 3rd party in question knows we are married, or applying for a visa, but if he found out, he would most likely contact the consulate to make things difficult.

I have to agree with most of you on the keeping quiet deal, but being in the information Technology field, more often than not, those that get bitten by identity theft, wrong information placed on their criminal records, etc, often fall victom because of not paying attention to securing their Identiy and their movements.

Every day, millions of people are tracked by the paper trail that they leave behind. A credit card purchase, an email to whom ever, an ATM Usage, or even a simple and more often than not, an unprtected purchase at the fule pump or airline ticket, and even a cell phone call. Almost everything that we do in our day to day life, IS TRACEABLE. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

All it takes is a first & or last name, a copy of a credit card purchase reciept (even if it only shows the last 4 digits) or someone knowing your cell phone or Home number, a partial birthdate, & the unscrupulous person can make your life a living hell. I see this sort of thing every day and it just chaps my ass to see that people refuse to acknowlege that as long as their are numbers and a name involved, You are open to attacks.

Now you might think that just because you or your SO has filed for a US Visa, that the information is held confidential. Surprisingly though, it's public records. At any time, (if you know the issuing Office, Denver, Huston, LA, etc) all it takes is a little effort online to gain access to all of the current OPEN APPLICATION PENDING APPROVAL, or all APPLICATIONS APPLIED FOR, and it is all that she wrote. That open information, once obtained, reveals SSN, Addresses of both parties, the date the Application was entered, the Whole 9 yards.

PEOPLE!! PEOPLE!! WAKE UP & SMELL THE REALITY HERE!! The Only way that you can keep your SO Safe during this already High Stressed ordeal is to do all that you can to keep the identities TO YOURSELVS!! The Only time that you reveal what is going on Is Way After the Fact. NEVER Give out your PENDING Interview date, or The Actual Date, until SHE HAS THE PAPERS IN HER HAND and prefrably After She is on the Plane on her way.

If you have already married in China, Hey Great!! COngrats, But Don't be Stupid. Now is not the time to drop your guard. Just because you are married, doesn't always mean the US has got to approve her. To be safe, if you must tell someone about the two of you going to the states, Tell each Other, by yourselves, or only 1st level family members that you know you can trust to keep the secret & understand the sesitivity of the process.

I know that what I am saying seems a little mellow Dramatic, BUT THINK ABOUT IT!! look at all of those who have gotten those 3rd party denials. You yourselfs agree, THE CHINESE PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID, and for many of them THEY ARE NOSEY. That is who they are, that is their culture. Should we trash their ways of thinking or opperating? NO!! It's their god given right to be who they are, just as it is our to be who we are. But, if you are going to protect the one person or persons that you hold so dear to your heart, Then for god sakes, DO SO!!!

THINK, PLAN, The put the PLAN INTO MOTION! :cheering: Only then I feel that we can all come closer to the 100% success rate of all fo our SO's Comming home :cheering:

Edited by jtaylo69 (see edit history)
I'm also a little worried about the 3rd party stuff (if you haven't noticed, I am a bit or a worrier  :blink:). If the consulate receives any 3rd party stuff, will they let you know before the interview, or do they hit you with it at the interview. I don't think the 3rd party in question knows we are married, or applying for a visa, but if he found out, he would most likely contact the consulate to make things difficult.

160129[/snapback]

Based on my reading of the previous 3rd party experiences, I do not believe they were told by GUZ about it prior.. usually hit with a denial at the interview.. then most, by working backwards trying to find some cause or reason have figured out the cause.

Some have now been more 'on guard' and realize when someone poses a threat to their relationship with false communication, that it could end up at the consulate...

I remember one member who suspect this could happen, and one advice was to do what you can to patch it up with that person...

Not all of the correspondence is from jealous or POed aquaintences. In Nanning there is a ring of extortionists who threaten TPC if an exorbitant fee isn't paid. I have heard that GZ is aware of this. More reason for your SOs to remain tight lipped about who they tell their plans.