I-864, W2's and the like

You can look in links and resources at the Interview FAQ or also like for "What to bring" as a kitchen sink approach...

---

I would bring copies and originals. They can alway ask to see the original of something.

I-864 Fact Sheet:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/fa...eets/affaqa.htm

What types of evidence can be used to show self-employment?

Self-employed persons can show evidence such as the self-employment schedules they filed with their income tax returns or financial records such as bank statements for their business accounts as proof of self-employment.

Also see the instruction sheet for the I-864...

You can look in links and resources at the Interview FAQ or also like for "What to bring" as a kitchen sink approach...

---

I would bring copies and originals. They can alway ask to see the original of something.

I-864 Fact Sheet:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/fa...eets/affaqa.htm

What types of evidence can be used to show self-employment?

Self-employed persons can show evidence such as the self-employment schedules they filed with their income tax returns or financial records such as bank statements for their business accounts as proof of self-employment.

Also see the instruction sheet for the I-864...

140724[/snapback]

Okay,

Here is everything you should expect based on our experience;

we provided the following paperwork:

I-134 not I-864 and asked HK specifically on this issue,

Tax Paperwork, Letter from Employer, Birth Cert, Marriage Cert, Police Report, Passport, Copy of her Passport vital page, Cert. copy of my passport, Letters, photos, Medical exam, Visa fee payment receipt.

She will be brought inside and after some time someone will call her name to turn in the paperwork and give a preliminary interview, take biometrics/pictures etc. This person will act as the translator from what I gather at the real interview. They will ask every question they can think of to form a report to be given to the Interviewer. I can give some more detail on this later as I am at work now and have my list at home. My SO's general impression was that this person is not there to encourage you through the process and just about told her she would fail. Persevere... I would suggest that if you have time, have your dad or someone else in the family send some letters welcoming her to the family, talking about normal things ... this should help as evidence of a relationship. Then after that, your SO will wait for the real interview. She will get some of the basic questions that everyone gets...i.e. member of the communist party..husband's work..etc. Then they will tell you congrats ...give you the blue thingie and send you downstairs. You will arrange for the Visa delivery through the post office same as GZ. Provided they know you are not staying in HK for very long it is possible to pick up the Visa the next day at the post office there. (depends when the interview is done I think, my SO was in by 8:30, out by 12)

It is important that you demonstrate your ability to communicate with each other from what I gather. Remember HK is not GZ and because of this I felt they were a little more strict on people from the mainland. The preliminary interviewer/translator didn't think we would pass because my SO told her that we were in love after about a month. She thought that was too quick.

Also be aware that the whole interview is conducted from behind glass over a speaker and my SO said it was difficult to hear their questions at times...

Over all, I am pleased with HK as they are very efficient. 3 months to complete P3 and interview once the paperwork got there. 9 Months start to finish for my K3....my I-130 is still in GZ waiting...

If you come up with any other questions let me know...

An insightful story, jt. Do you two plan on filing AOS or wait for the IV?

Incidentally, cool member number!........ :lol:

140771[/snapback]

As much as I know we would both enjoy another trip to GZ to visit family. I think we will pass on the IV and just AOS here. Then save the trip for Chinese New year next year....

Why chance GZ telling her no for some stupid reason and then not being able to come back... :rolleyes: