CR-1 .... is it true?

Is it true that the green card is issued in GZ if successful in passing the interview?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=i130guide1

"The interview can last for as littles as 10 minutes or up to an hour depending upon your specific case. You relative will take an oath under US law to tell the truth, and it is very important that your relative answer every question as truthfully as possible. In general, it is a good idea that your relative bring documentation to prove strong ties and a relationship with you, the petitioner. (i.e. phone bills, letters etc.) If the consulate officer approves your relative's immigrant visa application, your relative will be issued an immigrant visa that allows your relative to become a US permanent resident. Your relative will become a U.S permanent resident only when he/she enters the U.S at a port of entry, until this time, he/she only has an immigrant visa that is valid up to 6 months from the interview date. If your relative cannot immigrate to the U.S within the 6 month allotted time, then his/her immigrant visa will expire, and the I-130 process must start all over again. Also, if your relative is your wife or husband and you have been married for less then 2 years at the time of his/her arrival at a port of entry, then he/she will receive a temporary I-551 Stamp and then later a Green Card by mail good for only 2 years. Ninety days before the green card expires you will have to file an I-751 form to remove it's conditional status."

"The interview can last for as littles as 10 minutes or up to an hour depending upon your specific case. You relative will take an oath under US law to tell the truth, and it is very important that your relative answer every question as truthfully as possible. In general, it is a good idea that your relative bring documentation to prove strong ties and a relationship with you, the petitioner. (i.e. phone bills, letters etc.) If the consulate officer approves your relative's immigrant visa application, your relative will be issued an immigrant visa that allows your relative to become a US permanent resident. Your relative will become a U.S permanent resident only when he/she enters the U.S at a port of entry, until this time, he/she only has an immigrant visa that is valid up to 6 months from the interview date. If your relative cannot immigrate to the U.S within the 6 month allotted time, then his/her immigrant visa will expire, and the I-130 process must start all over again. Also, if your relative is your wife or husband and you have been married for less then 2 years at the time of his/her arrival at a port of entry, then he/she will receive a temporary I-551 Stamp and then later a Green Card by mail good for only 2 years. Ninety days before the green card expires you will have to file an I-751 form to remove it's conditional status."

137347[/snapback]

Tony, lots of good information here... but still could not determine if the Green Card is issued there or not!!!

She will get the green card in the mail.

------------------------------------------------------

"Also, if your relative is your wife or husband and you have been married for less then 2 years at the time of his/her arrival at a port of entry, then he/she will receive a temporary I-551 Stamp and then later a Green Card by mail good for only 2 years."

"...Your relative will become a U.S permanent resident only when he/she enters the U.S at a port of entry, until this time, he/she only has an immigrant visa that is valid up to 6 months from the interview date.

Tony, lots of good information here... but still could not determine if the Green Card is issued there or not!!!

137376[/snapback]

LPR is synonymous with green card. She will not have a green card prior to entering the US. Chances are she will get an I-551 stamp (temporary evidence of LPR status) in her passport until the green card is actually received.

"...Your relative will become a U.S permanent resident only when he/she enters the U.S at a port of entry, until this time, he/she only has an immigrant visa that is valid up to 6 months from the interview date.

137376[/snapback]

LPR is synonymous with green card. She will not have a green card prior to entering the US. Chances are she will get an I-551 stamp (temporary evidence of LPR status) in her passport until the green card is actually received.

137600[/snapback]

Frank, how long after she enters the USA.... and is there a reason for this? What if she were to stay in China for a few weeks or a couple of months after the interview?

137376[/snapback]

137600[/snapback]

Frank, how long after she enters the USA.... and is there a reason for this? What if she were to stay in China for a few weeks or a couple of months after the interview?

139155[/snapback]

It takes approximately 30 days to receive green card and SSN after entering the United States.

137376[/snapback]

137600[/snapback]

139155[/snapback]

It takes approximately 30 days to receive green card and SSN after entering the United States.

139339[/snapback]

The SSN card will come automatically? I remember indicating something on one of the forms saying yes to that.....

Hank,

What the hurry?

139394[/snapback]

Let's see... how about...

Life is only half full until your other half is with you.

:D

Hank,

What the hurry?

139394[/snapback]

:lol:

139505[/snapback]

What's the hurry on receiving the green card ??

139508[/snapback]

Yes, she will be here with you already. Unless she wants to come back right away to China.

Hank,

What the hurry?

139394[/snapback]

:ph34r:

139505[/snapback]

What's the hurry on receiving the green card ??

139508[/snapback]

isn't so much being in a hurry, merely trying to get clarification, as I was told earlier on (pre-CFL) that the green card would be given at the interview if she passed....

We got the CR-1 visa a litle over 2 years ago and both came to America about a month after receiving the visa. Diana did not receive a greencard in GZ all she got was a visa that allowed her to travel to America with me. In the airport she did get the I-551 stamp mentioned earlier. I believe she received the greencard automatically in the mail at the address given when entering the country at the airport. We had to go to the social security office to apply for her social security card. Your SO has something like 3 or 4 months before she has to use her visa, so she has plenty of time to go home and pack and say goodbye to family and frineds. If she is getting a CR-1 visa then she has gotten most of the paperwork behind her already and will have very little to do when she gets here. We will be getting ready to apply for citizenship for Diana in about half a year, if you want any more info on our progress so far just let me know and I will try to help.

Not true. at the POE they should stamp here Passport with the I-551 stamp, take the unopened brown envelope get another finger print and mail the envelope and the new print to the place that will issue the green card> the green card will have a small picture of your SO on it as well as her finger print, with the expiration date. Or at least thats what we experienced at the Newark, NJ POE. We acutally had to go get the SSN because they said it might not have be done along with the green card.