CIS ripped us off!

After months of a red letter invalidation of my wife's MSC number, I just checked it again on the CIS case status page and now the number works. The only problem is that it shows a receipt date of July 21, 2004! The D.C. office is currently showing a processing date of March 2004 for the I-485. Our receipt date is (or was) December 17, 2003. So CIS stole 8 months from us!

I guess the USCIS is like life..."was not meant to be fair, it just is."...... :greenblob:

• 4 weeks later...

I have asked for help from our congressman's office in my wife's AOS case. They are more than willing to help us. This is a relief and I hope they can get this matter straightened out for us. My only regret is that I wish I had acted on this 5 months ago.

I have asked for help from our congressman's office in my wife's AOS case. They are more than willing to help us. This is a relief and I hope they can get this matter straightened out for us. My only regret is that I wish I had acted on this 5 months ago.

what state are you in? i think we need to start getting some help too.

what state are you in? i think we need to start getting some help too.

We live in the southwestern part of Virginia.

After being "side-lined" by CIS and talked to like a dummy every time I called them with questions about my wife's case, I felt it was time to ask my congressman for some help.

17 mos. and running!............... :rolleyes:

I hope you have better luck then we've had......

After being "side-lined" by CIS and talked to like a dummy every time I called them with questions about my wife's case, I felt it was time to ask my congressman for some help.

17 mos. and running!............... ;)

I hope you have better luck then we've had......

Our congresswoman (Lois Capps) is a very nice lady. I plan to take an hour or two off of work one day soon and go visit her nice assistant (or maybe even schedule a moment of her time if they can) just to say hi and thanks for what she has done so far. I will then inform her that we have just applied for AOS and to please mark on her calender the date when something should of happened so she can follow up on it. This is what she did for the P2 through P4 process. We might even bring a small bouquet of flowers to help say thanks. It never hurts to be nice to the people who are helping you!!! :rolleyes: