Sayings of your SO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now there guys is a quick learner. Congratulations David on passing Singlish 101

I had heard it as "Chinglish"... maybe a dialect thing...

I had always seen "chinglish" also but when I saw Dan use "singlish" I thought that worked very well too with the "sino" base. And I never argue with someone who has 10 blue thingies. (well almost never) :(

I had the same thought with "sino"..

as for the blue thingies, "Mei guan xi".

He hardly ever argues

So give three cheers and one cheer more

For the hearty member of the board

Singlish I think sounds better than Chinglish and has a sound historical and linguistic base as a combined form. Chinglish sounds more like the sound of a little bell :D

Singlish I think sounds better than Chinglish and has a sound historical and linguistic base as a combined form. Chinglish sounds more like the sound of a little bell  :D

um.. a purist...

I like the argument.. but Chinglish is easily understood by anyone hearing the first time (I hope)...

Why do we stick with the word English for what is spoken here anyway. We have been independent for over 200 years, require seperate dictionaries and the English can barely understand a word we say.

Maybe we need to get our Congressman involved. They are always looking for important but irrelevant issues.

Amerese?

United Statish?

Americanese?

Yankeese?

and of course we must keep in mind the subdialect of Triggish

my SO speaks almost perfect english. But at first in the relationship, it was everything I wanted. Now she gives me more of her opinion and tells me what she doesn't like. I do find that she wants to make me happy with her. I really do love her.... sorry, didn't mean to get "goopy"

my SO speaks almost perfect english. But at first in the relationship, it was everything I wanted. Now she gives me more of her opinion and tells me what she doesn't like. I do find that she wants to make me happy with her.  I really do love her.... sorry, didn't mean to get "goopy"

goopy's allow here...

We just want some speech examples that might show her way or thinking.