SO previous visa process

THere is a question on the I-130 , which asks if the 'relative' (spouse) has been through the immigration process before.

How much does a previous processing affects the chances later for a woman?

The situation I am thinking of is if the first process did not complete because one of them stopped it, but a submission was done... As opposed to the process getting to the interview and being denied (which I assume would have a big impact on future attempts).

Has anyone had a SO who had been through the process before, which did not complete?

It has a minimal impact on the second go. The interview may be more intense and there is an extra step prior to the interview, but it does happen from time to time.

On form I-130, question 16, it seems that "Recission" is the best choice where the previous process did not complete... I assume this has less impact than a previous "rejection" or "denial".. but I hate to ASSume anything with GZ.

Can you explain the extra step.

It has a minimal impact on the second go. The interview may be more intense and there is an extra step prior to the interview, but it does happen from time to time.

On form I-130, question 16, it seems that "Recission" is the best choice where the previous process did not complete... I assume this has less impact than a previous "rejection" or "denial".. but I hate to ASSume anything with GZ.

Can you explain the extra step.

There is something in 9 FAM about the consulate sending an application back to USCIS for review if the same type of visa was previously applied for with a different sponsor.

For example with a K-1; the case gets to GZ and is abandoned or withdrawn. Six months later a new case with a different USC arrives. If you were the VO, wouldn't you be curious how a new relationship could blossom into a desire to marry so soon?

I see... In my friends case, the time difference will be about 3-4 years by the time it gets to GZ... So this extra step seems the discretion of the VO.

There is something in 9 FAM about the consulate sending an application back to USCIS for review if the same type of visa was previously applied for with a different sponsor.

For example with a K-1; the case gets to GZ and is abandoned or withdrawn. Six months later a new case with a different USC arrives. If you were the VO, wouldn't you be curious how a new relationship could blossom into a desire to marry so soon?

Donahso:

two questions:

1) What is 9 FAM?

2) You mention "if the same visa.." ; in my friends case, it could be different (K1vsK3)... do you consider this different or really the same in terms of the extra step still occurs?

thx.