NOA VS. Notice of Approval

I filed the I-130 for my wife in Chengdu on February 18th. I recieved the "Notice of Approval of Relative Immigrant Visa Petition" from Beijing on April 15th. Is this the NOA? This is the first thing I have received since I filed. Is 2 months a normal time to wait for this letter?

I would like to start the process of getting the K3 visa. Can I file the I-129F form now?

Just a little background to let you know my situation... My wife and I were married in Chengdu in January. We have been together for 2 years. We have spent every waking moment together for those two years. So, we have lots of pictures (Her and I, Her family and I, my parents with Her...), letters, emails etc. We have never been married before. We have no kids. I think out situation seems pretty uncomplicated... Neither of us have any health problems, or criminal records. I do not meet the income requirements for the AOS, but my parents are going to be joint sponsors (Their income is about 4 times the required amount)... I'm 28 and she is 26. I was a programmer for 4 years. She is an english teacher and speaks great English (Her grammar and spelling are better than mine)

With that info, does anyone have an idea of how long it might take to get the K3? Sorry for the stupid and I am sure commonly asked questions. I am new to this forum.

Technically, the NOA = Notice of Action and comes out on an I-797. I don't know about the I-130, but must approvals are sent out on an I-797.

Sounds like you're using direct consular filing for the I-130 (filed with the consulate in China rather than here in the US). Others who have used direct consular filing can speak to this, but my sense is that DCF will proceed as fast if not faster than filing for a K-3 visa. You might want to just stick it out with the I-130 and forget the K-3.

The header just says: "NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF RELATIVE IMMIGRANT VISA PETITION" Then it has my name and address. Then has a paragraph saying that the petition has been approved. Then there is a paragraph saying that been forwarded to Guangzhou and that Beijing is finished with it. It also says that they will contact my wife. There is nothing that says NOA1, or NOA2. There are no form numbers. Any idea what this is?

I think out situation seems pretty uncomplicated...

Jbray,

welcome to CFL... nice to have you aboard.

I'm glad you've had the opportunity to be there with her, this will make the process feel less stressful.

Your situation seems to be well off. Establishing a valid relationship and good communication should not be a problem!

I think you've hit your only issue, the financial support, but seem to have this taken care of...

Hopefully the other DCFs can speak to the timeline.

best to you two.

Thank you all very much for your help. You have saved me $165. I was planning on filing the k3 tomorrow, but I think I will skip it...

So, is it much faster to DCF?

As we all are, I am having such a hard time getting any answers to my questions. Depending on where you got married, if you were married before, if you have any kids, etc... all the situations seem to have different answers. Most of the people at the Consulate don't know either... I would like to say that if you are in Chengdu, MS. Ren at the consulate is very helpful and knows a lot...

Sorry, I meant to say, "I think OUR situation..." I promise, English is my first language :greenblob:

Thank you all very much for your help. You have saved me $165. I was planning on filing the k3 tomorrow, but I think I will skip it...

So, is it much faster to DCF?

As we all are, I am having such a hard time getting any answers to my questions. Depending on where you got married, if you were married before, if you have any kids, etc... all the situations seem to have different answers. Most of the people at the Consulate don't know either... I would like to say that if you are in Chengdu, MS. Ren at the consulate is very helpful and knows a lot...

Sorry, I meant to say, "I think OUR situation..." I promise, English is my first language :greenblob:

If you do a search on DCF, you'll get some relevant threads , and can also look at some of their timelines showing how long the process took them.

here's two you can look at:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....f2c81c00af7fe21

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....f2c81c00af7fe21

As for your english, if we cannot understand you, we'll ask your SO to translate for us ! When I was in China a few months, I meet an English man with so thick an accent that when he talked, people turned to me to 'translate his english to english'.

I've been here for 3 years and have become fluent in Chinglish. I am worried about how I will sound when I get back to the States (I haven't been back in 3 years). My grammar and vocabulary have gotten so bad.

I'll take a look at those links...

Thanks

I've been here for 3 years and have become fluent in Chinglish. I am worried about how I will sound when I get back to the States (I haven't been back in 3 years). My grammar and vocabulary have gotten so bad.

I'll take a look at those links...

Thanks

I sent you a PM... hope you know how to retrieve this...