Question about P3

OF-169 and DS-230 part one were the only forms we sent back out of the P-3 materials, seems to me there was or is a supplemental sheet for K-1, but that is all we sent back last August

As best I can conclude from an archive search, the P3 for K3s no longer includes the supplemental form.  Any other recent K3s who can confirm this?

I think your correct... but would be nice to get confirmation from a K3.

I Found a thread discussion on K1 vs K3 packet contents..

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....t=ST&f=1&t=4117

Here's a FAQ from the Consulate GuangZhou:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...iv/gzfaqs2.html

What documents will be in the instruction packet for K3 category visas?

The Instruction packet includes:

Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in English

Instruction packet (Packet 3) supplemental information sheet

Letter to K3/K4 applicant

Evidence which may be presented to meet the public charge provisions of the law (OF-167)

Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)

Instructions for immigrant visa applicants (OF-169)

Important notice in Chinese (for photograph specifications)

Notice to all nonimmigrant visa applicants (list of CITIC Bank)

Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)

Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)

Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

Guest blsqueaky

Our K-3 had one, but that was one year ago, and just the other day, we rec'd our DS-230 for the IR-1, and it was also there again, just this time filled out differently. I have noticed that lately, GUZ and NVC are changing things fast, but not updating the web site as quick so that we know.

It is weird that some people get them and some don't. I would conclude then that the supplemental form is not a very important component of the process, either way you look at it. I think I'll just have my wife send in the DS-230 and OF-169, and not worry about downloading a supplemental form.

Guest blsqueaky
Our K-3 had one, but that was one year ago, and just the other day, we rec'd our DS-230 for the IR-1, and it was also there again, just this time filled out differently. I have noticed that lately, GUZ and NVC are changing things fast, but not updating the web site as quick so that we know.

Our DS-230 came from NVC, so maybe different offices, different policies. Go figure. If I remember correctly, even the CR-1's are getting this form still. Personally, I just fill out what I am sent.

Yeah, we did a DS-230 for the NVC too, and it did include the supplemental form. (We are pretty much pursuing both processes -- CR-1 and K3 -- because the timing is so close, and will take whichever one results in a visa first, because we are tired of waiting. Right now K3 seems to be winning.)