we got a blue slip

Meixiang got a blue slip at the interview she was told to bring back a video tape of me speaking Chinese. She was the first person in line and the first one to get a number in the afternoon. She had four file folders of evidence to show but did not have a video of me speaking Chinese. I do not have the exact details and I will post them later after I find out more. The man asked her some guestions in English then switched to Chinese. I will post later all the questions asked. The evidence looked at included pictures of us together, hand written letters, a noterized letter I wrote and the 134 proof of support.

I made a video but had to have it transfered to VHS and it was not ready in time to send to the interview. It is ready now so I am going to send it UPS ASAP. Meixiang said she can return between 9 and10 am Monday thru Thursday to complete the interview.

Boba and Meixiang :(

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer. looks like another week shot in the ass. Good news is that the majority of blue slips are reolved very quickly. I've sent several things via UPS. Send it now and she will likley have it Monday.

Others have gotten the same slip askig for a tape of the USC speaking Chinese. What they are really looking for is proof you can and do communicate. -translators etc.. But, if you can and did the Chinese speaking tape-you will be a shoe in.

Yes Meixiang's English is limited she can speak to me on the phone but only from reading words I have sent to her. The really sad thing about this is she has an electronic translator that I bought for her but they would not let her take it into the building and the vo refused to examine evidence that she has a translator. He would only look at evidence that he requested and nothing more.

I just got back form UPS the tape will leave today.

Boba and Meixiang

:lol:

Kicking,

You are correct on both counts. However the vo should have allowed my so to provide evidence that she has an electronic translator. Never mind my civil rights and for heaven's sake let not even consider the constitution or the fact that this country's entire history is based on immigration of people from all over the world. Then there all those people living here who only speak Spanish that we spend millions of dollars on printing everything in Spanish so their rights are not violated. Do forget the billions of dollars we are spending to defend the civil rights in the middle east even when they don't want them.

Okay I feel better now. Nothing personal just need to vent.

:(

I can speak some Chinese. She can speak some English. We spent an entire month together traveling around China and had absolutly not problem communicating. We have written thousand of letters for 18 months now and have had no problem communicating. She has an electronice translator.

Kicking,

You are correct on both counts.  However the vo should have allowed my so to provide evidence that she has an electronic translator.  Never mind my civil rights and for heaven's sake let not even consider the constitution or the fact that this country's entire history is based on immigration of people from all over the world.  Then there all those people living here who only speak Spanish that we spend millions of dollars on printing everything in Spanish so their rights are not violated.  Do forget the billions of dollars we are spending to defend the civil rights in the middle east even when they don't want them. 

Okay I feel better now.  Nothing personal just need to vent. 

you are right!! there are many contradictions. I'm feel bad that you are having this problem. I maybe aq little lucky, my ex speaks english very well.. My chinese is very weak.

I pray that you will get through this part soon. Good Luck and God Bless

if i am that Vo, I probably will question how you guys communicate

I personally think that the 'VO questioning how you guys communicate' should be inherently answered by the ability to live together a month...

Do you know if Meixiang told the VO you were living together for a month?! I went and spent two months with Zixuan, and have been getting her to practice explaining that we 'lived together' for two months as evidence of our ability to communicate.

I think this is one of those 'inconsistencies' among the VOs... I have heard that some allow the evidence of translators (whether hand, internet, software, etc), if it can be shown.

In the end, you guys have to prove something that you already know: That you two communicate fine. It's awful that a third party sets about to decide this issue.

Good luck with this.

I think it's reasonable that they want to see you can communicate with each other, but there needs to be more uniformity in what they ask for. Obviously every situation is different (sometimes the US citizen can speak Chinese fluently and the Chinese cannot speak English, and vice versa) but they could include a proof of communication requirement on the application and accept evidence of it at the first interview so you don't have to make multiple trips.

Boba,

I was looking at your timeline, but did not see any reference to when you visited China.. so i wanted to ask. How many times did you go and when?

I know you said you'd get around to telling everyone the interview.. I'd like to know if Meixiang requested the VO change to Chinese or if the VO did that on their own (and if they showed any signs of frustration with understanding the english).. While I am eager to hear.. I don't want to rush you with it.

I spent two months with Zixuan and her english really improved. I am certain that if she had an interview without this, that she would struggle with the english.

I think your situation is not all that unique, in the sense that some of those interviewed do not have great english. And if there is one item I've seen in this forum that concerns me about the interview, it is the ability for them to speak in English.

Although, again, inconsistency reigns here as I have read some VOs allow them to speak in Chinese and gives them the Visa.