Just got back from Beijing - Packet 3!

I flew over to Beijing from Chicago on Friday for a quick weekend and packet 3 arrived while I was there! We EMS'ed it right back to GZ in the hope that they will get started on P4 before Chinese New Year.

Our lawyer screwed up on the original application and it's a good thing Ling called GZ to ask where P3 was because the original one went to parts unknown. Two weeks wasted. Oh well.

Now the next waiting game begins. From what I can tell, the time from P3 to P4 is so variable that there is just no way to estimate it.

I'm headed back for Valentine's Day and then again for birthdays in early April. Hopefully we will have the interview by the end of May.

It was great to see her!

Hi,

Congrats on packet 3!

I think by now you know that attorneys are not necessary in the process your going through. In my opinion they're not even a necessary evil in this process as perhaps they are in legal situations. Groups such as this one can advise you on all aspects i.e. K-1, K-2, K-3, K-4, B's, etc. All you need do is ask.

I consider myself lucky to have only lost $500 to these LEARNED consultants. I really mean nuts.

Eight trips in eight months so far! The trips are getting closer and closer too. I was over for Christmas/New Years and then again this past weekend. Don't know if I can make it until Valentine's Day :)

The flight attendants on United now greet me as "17J" for the seat I always reserve.

At least I can bring back a couple suitcases each time. By the time we're done, Ling will end up moving with just one piece of carry on luggage!