Submitting a K-1

Can anyone tell me what I submit with the I-129F besides the G-135 and the passport photos? Do I send the proof of meeting, pictures, receipts, etc? Or are these items sent at a different time?

I would appreciate any information regarding the submission of the Fiance Visa application and the steps involved.

Thanks,

Rick

Can anyone tell me what I submit with the I-129F besides the G-135 and the passport photos? Do I send the proof of meeting, pictures, receipts, etc? Or are these items sent at a different time?

I would appreciate any information regarding the submission of the Fiance Visa application and the steps involved.

Thanks,

Rick

Welcome to the world of bureauracracy where, when you are told how long something will take, just double it :(

Take a look at http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-I129f.html which gives you a pretty good idea of what you'll need to do. You can also check out some of the later posts at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....dc2e022dad4722c.

In answer to your specific questions, everything you mentioned (and then some) should go with the I-129F at the same time. You can also do a search on this forum for answers to a lot of questions.

Sounds like you're just starting out. Looks like you'll be here for a year or so. Good luck.

Welcome to CFL!

Read the instructions for the 129F over and over.

Frank posted 2 good links.

Send them 5 pounds of documents!

a little homework now will save you 1 to 3 months of waiting later!

Here is most of the things you might need:

Birth Certificates (both)

Divorce documents (if divorced)

Death certificates (if widowed)

Passports (both)

Make copies of all pages of Passport (both)

Certificate of Name Change (if applicable)

Marriage certificate (if applicable)

Passport photos (both)

3 Years of US Federal Tax Returns

3 Years of 1099 and W2 if joint returns

Recent Pay Statements from current employment

Statement from Employer

12 months of bank statements (if assets are to be considered)

- or Statement from Bank Officer

letter of intent to marry

Proof of having met in past 2 years

- photos of both together

- boarding passes when visiting

- photocopies of passport stamps

- email correspondances

- letters and phone bills

There are many more you can include. The better prepared your package is now, the easier it will be at the interview.

Also read the USCIS site on how they like you to submit papers to them - holes punched at the tops of the pages, tabs, etc.

GOOD LUCK!

Frank provided great links.. I'll just add some comments to those items that have to be a part of the I-129F

I'll paste at the bottom of my message the list from the list as a reference:

#2- if you don't have a birth certificate on hand, just make a copy of the passport.. I assume you have one since you supposedly already meet!

#3 - These should be passport sized photos.. Only frontal shots now accepted.

#9 - Evidence you meet: Airline boarding passes and your visa copied should establish you went to China. Any domestic flight boarding passes, train tickets you took together. Include at least four pictures of the two of you together.

#10 - Intent to marry: Write out how you meet her, including dates of meeting(s). State your 'love story' of how you fell in love (establishes your love for each other). finish with your intent to marry within 90 days of her arrival in US as most form letters show. Get this notarized.

MAKE A COPY OF THE ENTIRE PACKET PRIOR TO SENDING.. so that means two notarized copies...

good luck !!!

I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e)

1) G-325A Biographic Information -- 2 required. One is filled out and signed by you, the other is filled out and signed by the fiance(e).

2) A copy of your birth certificate, passport, or Certificate of Naturalization (you have to prove you are a US Citizen).

3) A photo of yourself (see note) with your name printed on the back of the photo.

4) A photo of your fiance(e) (see note) with the fiance(e)s name printed on the back of the photo.

5) A copy of the divorce decree, if you were previously married.

6) A copy of the death certificate if your marriage ended due to the death of your spouse.

7) A copy of the divorce decree, if your fiance(e) was previously married.

8) A copy of the death certificate if your fiance(e)'s marriage ended due to the death of their spouse.

9) Evidence that the US Citizen and foreign fiance(e) have met personally in the last two years (see "FAQ Note about evidence" below).

10) Statement of intent (see "FAQ Note about evidence" below).

A check or money order for the required fee.

Welcome to CFL, this is what you will need to file a I-129F:

Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) (if your fiancé(e) has unmarried children who are under 21, they are eligible to accompany your fiancé(e), but only if they are listed on this form.)

Evidence of your U.S. citizenship - your original U.S. birth certificate, your U.S. passport, your Certificate of Naturalization, or your Certificate of Citizenship. (Please see USCIS Form I-129F for information on the use of copies.)

2 Form G-325A Biographic Data Sheets (one for you and one for your fiancé(e))

One color photo of you and one of your fiancé(e) taken within 30 days of filing (please see Form I-129F for more instructions on photos).

A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees if either you or your fiancé(e) have been previously married.

Proof of permission to marry if you or your fiancé(e) are subject to any age restrictions. (For instance, in some U.S. states, you must receive special permission to marry if you are under the age of 16.)

Plus birth certificate (s) for SO and any children, copies of passports,proof you are not married, photos of both of you together, hotel recipts, plane tickets, letters, phone bills, etc.

You can down load the forms from this web site or:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

You can get any help you need filling out forms here.

Good luck and best wishes

Boba and Meixiang :(

Welcome Aboard Rick :D You have come to the right place. There is a indiscriminent Wealth of information here with this group of people. The USCIS "Customer Service Rep's" would come here for help if they had any interest in helping. :huh: