I put in wrong name for my father in G-325a

Hi, I am applying my wife in GZ for CR1. NVC has sent the files to GZ in Jan 2005 already. I recently reviewed the files I submit, I found out that I made a mistake on my G-325A biographic form. I wrote my father's name incorrectly (just one extra letter). Does anyone know what I should do? Should I email to GZ to correct the problem? If I do that, will they do the security check again or will my case be delayed? Thank you.

We just recently completed the K-3/K-4 process and just the other day I was sorting and filing all of the files I brought back from Guangzhou. I noticed several typo's on different forms, that had I noticed during the process I would have freaked out thinking they were going to cause a big problem :o But as it turned out they were never noticed by anyone, or if they were noticed it did not make any difference. So IMHO I do not think it will affect anything that there is a typo in the spelling of your fathers name on the G-325A :lol: :D Good Luck with your process

You have opened a can of worms for yourself.

Good luck.

Yes, I know it will bring me trouble. But I think if they are going to mix things up, it is better for them to mix it up now than mix it up at the final minute.

If you've already told GUZ and they said to explain in writing then that's PART of the solution.

I'd recommend sending a new original G-325 with the corrected information along with your explanation. Since I tend to overdo these things I'd put a copy of the incorrect form in there too with the error hilighted.

Make sure to have your fiancee's name and case number on the letter and the envelope.

Also, I'd also have your fiancee take yet another new original G-325 with the corrected information to the interview.

It sounds like a bit of overkill, but the G-325 really isn't a difficult or complex form to complete.

You have opened a can of worms for yourself.

Good luck.

Yes, I know it will bring me trouble.  But I think if they are going to mix things up, it is better for them to mix it up now than mix it up at the final minute.

As trigg said before... "Procrastinate Now!!!"

I am a firm beliver in that. :rolleyes: :D :D