Medical Exam

Reading the USCIS web site, I see that I-693 Medical Exam Sheet is not required if you have had an exam based on fiancee visa. My question is, Does she need to have her medical book translated by a civil surgeon and have this document submitted or do they know she has had an exam by virtue of her k-1 status? The intructions are not clear on this.

Thanks

Reading the USCIS web site, I see that I-693 Medical Exam Sheet is not required if you have had an exam based on fiancee visa. My question is, Does she need to have her medical book translated by a civil surgeon and have this document submitted or do they know she has had an exam by virtue of her k-1 status? The intructions are not clear on this.

Thanks

You still need a civil surgeon in US to do the shots and process the paperwork (seal envelope).

I think she got all of her shots in Guangzhou as warpedbored recommended to do it that way. So I will take both books to a civil surgeon and ask them to process the paperwork.

Thanks a mil tony

Call several Civil Surgeons to get a decent price. Some Civil Surgeons will charge over $200 just to process paperwork. They will try to get you to do the full exam.

Don't get it done too soon. Wait until you get the interview date. You will need to bring the seal envelope for the interview. The VO didn't even ask for my wife's envelope during the AOS interview.

Good luck.

ttlee_99 Posted on Apr 9 2005, 07:54 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (C4Racer @ Apr 9 2005, 07:50 PM)

I think she got all of her shots in Guangzhou as warpedbored recommended to do it that way. So I will take both books to a civil surgeon and ask them to process the paperwork.

Thanks a mil tony

Call several Civil Surgeons to get a decent price. Some Civil Surgeons will charge over $200 just to process paperwork. They will try to get you to do the full exam.

Don't get it done too soon. Wait until you get the interview date. You will need to bring the seal envelope for the interview. The VO didn't even ask for my wife's envelope during the AOS interview.

Good luck.

There are some immunizations that require booster shots after several weeks or months. Helen got the shots she could get done at the Health Center by Victory Hotel. They gave her a yellow booklet that already had the translation in it. That yellow booklet was all the Civil Surgeon needed. He didn't need the X-ray or the International Health booklet.

The Civil Surgeon we saw charged $25 processing fee. He was actually nice to us. Helen had to get a second tetnus-diphtheria shot, the second of three. The third one is due in six months after the second, then it's one every ten years. Helen also got the second Varicella shot, it's due 4-8weeks after the first.

If she is covered by your insurance, then you could probably get booster shots cheaper from your provider. For some providers some of these shots are free. They can give you a shot record to take to the Civil Surgeon. It's a lot cheaper than what most Civil Surgeons will charge for the boosters.

We didn't have time to get the boosters done from our provider, so I paid the Civil Surgeon to do them. The tetnus was $35 and the varicella was $85.

When the Civil Surgeon asked if we needed the full exam, I explained to him that Helen was K-1 and it wasn't needed. I showed him the instruction page of the I-485.

I don't know if it's the norm, but they also gave us a copy of what was put into the sealed envelope. It's just basically a shot record, and the Civil Surgeon verifying the shots required have been document as completed or in the process of being completed.

Also before they give any shots, they are supposed to go over what the shots are for and what side effects to expect. They had pamphlets in many languages. Helen read the chinese one, because she had some side effects from the shots in Guz.

The Civil Surgeon we saw doesn't charge for the initial consultation, so maybe you can find one close to you who might have the time to give you a free consultation of what shots, if any will be needed. Then you could go get them from your provider, and bring the shot record back to the CS.

We attached the I-163 sealed envelope to our filing, since we hand delivered to the local center.

Good luck.

No Michael you don't need to worry about translating the medical exam. That was covered by the visa interveiw. All you need is an I-693 supplimental for vacinations filled out and signed by a civil surgeon. She should have a little yellow book of her vaccination records if she got the shots in GZ. Take them to a civil surgeon and have them fill out the form which by the way only they have. We went to Dr. Douglas Day at Lloyd center. The nurses were a little confused that she didn't need a physical but we got the form and they didn't even charge us anything. The booster shots are not required for AOS.

Dr. F. Douglas Day, Lloyd Center Family Medical Clinic

2252 Lloyd Center

Portland, OR 97232

Tel: (503)282-2502

We used Dr. Day,

BUT since Carl and Bing went throught his office, policy has obviously changed....

The receptionist pushed us hard to get the exam, and possibly other shots... (over a hundred bucks..) We held our ground, and got out (after several hours) without a charge, and all went well at at the AOS interview, but I do think all surgeons now view us as a pay check...