When is I-129f returned?

I thought I read somewhere that, eventually, your I-129 petition is returned to you. When does that come, if ever? Maybe with P4?

You're supposed to supply evidence of relationship at the interview, and all the best stuff I had was in the I-129.

On a related note, one piece of evidence was a letter from my boss testifying that my fiance and I live together on the campus where I work. By the time the interview rolls around it will be almost a year old. Should I get a new one?

Just to be safe. I had all my financial documents updated within 30 days of P4. They only asked for taxes, but employment and bank letter were new, just in case. Some times they get funny with older documents and some times they don't care. I think it is better to be safe, then sorry.

As far as the I-129F is concerned I think that is the only information, besides the P-3, that GUZ has about your application. I'm sure there is some government generated information in there, like the name check etc.

I don't think you will receive the I-129 package back at the interview (or before).

It is good that 'all the good stuff' was in your I-129 package, because that is exactly what the VO will be looking at before the interview.

The additional information that your fiancee/wife will take to the interview may, or may not be looked at by the VO. There are scores of posts here saying the fiancee got to the counter and the VO didn't look at any of the evidence.

I did have my fiancee take copies of all the stuff from the I-129F package. I think that was the philosophy of being loaded with everything we could think of as evidence. I don't think the VO even kept the I-134!

Technically, you don't get the I-129F petition back to keep. The brown sealed envelope she gets when she picks up her visa contains at least some of the petition, but I'm not sure the whole thing is there or if it's the original. It's not to keep, and it should remained sealed until the Immigration Officer opens it at the point of entry she uses.

We entered through LAX, and the IO seemed new to inspecting I-129F visas. He opened the envelope in plain view of us, and flipped through the pages as he asked Helen questions. He got frustrated because I was answering questions for her. I didn't know he only wanted her to answer the questions. He had to ask another IO some questions on what exactly he needed to do. He actually looked at both of our G-325s while we were standing there. He did ask me where I work, my full name, and what was my reason for bringing Helen to the US.

Our LAX entry was probably the one out of hundred that is a bad experiences. We made it through, but I don't think it had to be so much of a hassle. I think it might have been profiling that caused the hassles with the Customs Inspectors. The hassle with the IO might have been due to his inexperience.

Yep the I-129F does not get returned to you. But some of it gets sent to the Consulate for the interview because my fiancee saw the photos I had sent them in the application. Also, when we came in through LAX the guy there opened the brown envelope we brought, took out some of the e-mails I had supplied in the I-129F, and started to ask her some questions about some of the information contained in the e-mails.