anyone interviewed in December?

Frank,

I had my interview on 12/30 as well. I, too, got contradictory information from the infamous hotline. Two told me that something has been done in the timeframe of last September/October and not since. One insisted that a namecheck has been submitted around the interview day. Now my biggest fear is that the namecheck has never been initiated. Anyways, I know it’s the time to go inside rather than the f***ing hotline.

Good luck to all of us.

Vince, I don't know if you read Owen's post regarding the currently procedure in GZ:

"....This explains also why DOS does not show the latest re-submits for some people. GZ skipped DOS entirely and sent the information directly to the FBI."

It does make sense, because DOS may not have the updated info. Anyways, good luck too all. Cross my fingers and toes.....

Frank

:blink:

Interview was 02 December 02, was given standard letter to go and wait at least two months............. P3 returned to GZ on 06 August 02....... In October 02 was told by GZ that the interview was being delayed until the name check was completed to keep from having to travel to GZ twice...........thinking of me...huh! two weeks ago was told that name check was re-submitted in Jan. 03..........still waiting!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbob

:blink: :o :o :o

Ok. I think I just broke the record by being placed on hold for around 90 minutes. or there are longer waits?

anyways, bad news. I tried to ask her what code is currenly used for my case and she got angry by this question. well, hope next week will be a better week.

• 2 weeks later...
I got a call from DOS today. A lady left me a voice mail.  she said our case is still pending and they are working on them.  She also suggested email GZ or call the DOS hotline 1225.... I haven't gotten anything useful so far. :lol:

Well.. DoS as we know it is the 1225 line.. Why would she recommend to call the same line? Unless she called from CA ( that's the 647-7948 number )

Also strange, why would she suggest to call GZ as GZ can't do anything unless Stateside clears the case first..?.

Boy, I think we will have heard just about everything in the past few months..

Don't despair.. try different sources, as we learned that one is just not reliable. IMHO

Guest Snowbeast

First name check submitted sometime in August (exact date unknown)

Interview Dec. 11

Name check re-submitted Jan 4, Jan 21

Clearance cabled 2/4

Clearance received by GZ 2/13

Visa printed and letter mailed??? 2/14

Personally, I think the interview date is relatively unimportant to the whole process.