"REPLY FROM MS. HARTY"

Guest dcwfn

The K-3 timeline went OK for us but we were part of the black hole group, we need to continue to put pressure on our govt, to make things quicker, if you married in the Phillipians 90 days, whats wrong with our govt? we are not stupid, just govt issues I think and things need to change there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dcwfn

I hear ya!.........so far it looks like every tiime one single person pulls a file for whatever reason they find a place for it in that infinate "Black hole".

My grandad used to call it; "Passing the buck".

How motivated would you be to hear people gripe all day , and interupting you in the middle of your favorite soap opera? Think it's easy?

Or how about trying to manage a cup of coffee, and a jelly donut while trying to manage 4 fantasy baseball teams online? How many teams do you manage? Yup, uh hu that's what I thought.

I am not being sarcastic but before getting involved with a Fiance overseas people should look at aprox how long it takes to get a fiance to the USA, CR1's take the longest, K3's take 10-12 months SO DONT GET MARRIED IN CHINA!!, wait the 7-9 months on a K1 visa.

K1 is much faster than a K3 or CR1's

just my 2 cents worth.

K3's take 10-12 months SO DONT GET MARRIED IN CHINA!!, wait the 7-9 months on a K1 visa.

7-9 months? Where did you get those ridiculous timeframes? Vermont?

Guest dcwfn

I must have had a brain fizz on that one! I forgot about the fact that I would be causing them to let their coffee get cold and/or the doughnuts to turn stale too.......lol

Maybe if I sent them a gift certificate from Dunkin' Doughnuts would get their attention?.......lmao

Has Dunkin Doughnuts opened in GZ???? Everywhere I went I saw KFC and MacDonald's and Sodas. We have progressed rapidly in conquering the world. George B don't be impatient. There is a peaceful and more permanent way to make the world over in our image.

By sending our junk food messengers into the world it is only a few decades to remake a nation. Add to this exporting our sedentary jobs with short break times for efficiency and we can do it in just 5 to 10 years. India is already reporting a high percent of obesity in city children. China is next.

Anyway my reason for posting this here is not to rave drivel but to suggest that perhaps we have been doing this K visa thing wrong. By the time we get our interviews China may already be America. So perhaps it makes sense to wait in China patiently rather than ranting in the waiting room. This is not a criticism rather just sharing my thought process as I wait here with the rest of you. Thank you for listening during one of my rare moments of quiet lucidity.

Has Dunkin Doughnuts opened in GZ???? Everywhere I went I saw KFC and MacDonald's and Sodas.  We have progressed rapidly in conquering the world. George B don't be impatient. There is a peaceful and more permanent way to make the world over in our image.

By sending our junk food messengers into the world it is only a few decades to remake a nation. Add to this exporting our sedentary jobs with short break times for efficiency and we can do it in just 5 to 10 years. India is already reporting a high percent of obesity in city children. China is next.

Anyway my reason for posting this here is not to rave drivel but to suggest that perhaps we have been doing this K visa thing wrong.  By the time we get our interviews China may already be America. So perhaps it makes sense to wait in China patiently rather than ranting in the waiting room. This is not a criticism rather just sharing my thought process as I wait here with the rest of you. Thank you for listening during one of my rare moments of quiet lucidity.

You make an excellent point!

My darling will likely never apply for a US Passport, if a Green Card is ever even issued. She is happy to remain a permenant resident here, while we live here. But in the future, our work may take us elsewhere...who knows.

All we know is that we will purchase property in China soon, and be open to moving back there, and my going through the paperwork...or moving on elsewhere!

As I see it, applying for the passport just burns a bridge, and right now, in this world, one needs flexibility of one is to survive wars, famine, poverty, obtain education, and access to ideas and information, as well as basic humanity, love, caring, history, etc.

Good thoughts...

I am not being sarcastic but before getting involved with a Fiance overseas people should look at aprox how long it takes to get a fiance to the USA, CR1's take the longest, K3's take 10-12 months SO DONT GET MARRIED IN CHINA!!, wait the 7-9 months on a K1 visa.

just my 2 cents worth.

K3's take 10-12 months SO DONT GET MARRIED IN CHINA!!, wait the 7-9 months on a K1 visa.

7-9 months? Where did you get those ridiculous timeframes? Vermont?

Ours was 8.5 months, via vermont.

I say the answer is obvious:

go to HK and get married there! the waiting time there is incredibly short.

If not, then it really is not too large of a difference...

Has Dunkin Doughnuts opened in GZ???? Everywhere I went I saw KFC and MacDonald's and Sodas.  We have progressed rapidly in conquering the world. George B don't be impatient. There is a peaceful and more permanent way to make the world over in our image.

Anyway my reason for posting this here is not to rave drivel but to suggest that perhaps we have been doing this K visa thing wrong.  By the time we get our interviews China may already be America. So perhaps it makes sense to wait in China patiently rather than ranting in the waiting room. This is not a criticism rather just sharing my thought process as I wait here with the rest of you. Thank you for listening during one of my rare moments of quiet lucidity.

You make an excellent point!

My darling will likely never apply for a US Passport, if a Green Card is ever even issued. She is happy to remain a permenant resident here, while we live here. But in the future, our work may take us elsewhere...who knows.

All we know is that we will purchase property in China soon, and be open to moving back there, and my going through the paperwork...or moving on elsewhere!

As I see it, applying for the passport just burns a bridge, and right now, in this world, one needs flexibility of one is to survive wars, famine, poverty, obtain education, and access to ideas and information, as well as basic humanity, love, caring, history, etc.

Good thoughts...

I feel the same way lele. As far as the advantage of nationality and borders to secure happiness and quality of life, I think citizenship is becoming archaic. I hope that current trends continue rather than retrench with the threat of wars looming. I welcome the flexibility of being a multinational couple but would not limit our future just to these two countries.

I hope I live to see the dawn of world citizenship in recognizing that borders are artificial political divisions.

I received a response from Ms. Harty's office. It was yet another in the never ending drawer full of standard responses. It told me not a damn thing new. Same information that I have been getting for the past 21 months. "Your wife spoke with the visa officer and was determined to not be eligible because...yadda, yadda, yadda".  I spent several minutes composing another response and sent it. As you may guess it came back with the old..."We cannot accept a reply with this e-mail. Please use our web site to find the information you are searching for".  In other words, it was the same crap, just a different pile.

I did a copy/paste and sent it to the e-mail addy for Ms. Harty. In it I was specific about the questions I would like to ask. I rhetorically asked the question, "What about my rights as an American natural born citizen to have these questions answered"?

I'll let you know what the response to that is unless you hear on the evening news that a crazy man in Virginia has been abducted by the men in black.......lol

My gut's telling me that they're going to let the I-601 run its course. Good luck.