My SO wants to know how many my parents should claim for sponsorship. Should they also claim me as someone they should sponsor. I am fairly confident that my parents should only put down three and leave me out of it. I live with my parents, but I am not a permanent resident, meaning I haven't lived here for more than 6 months, and have no intention of living here for 6 months either.

Can anyone verify that I am correct? Thanks everyone. My SO interview should have her interview soon and I want to thank those who have been helping her (her name goes under lizzydannypie)

Daniel

My SO wants to know how many my parents should claim for sponsorship.  Should they also claim me as someone they should sponsor.  I am fairly confident that my parents should only put down three and leave me out of it.  I live with my parents, but I am not a permanent resident, meaning I haven't lived here for more than 6 months, and have no intention of living here for 6 months either.

Can anyone verify that I am correct?  Thanks everyone.  My SO interview should have her interview soon and I want to thank those who have been helping her (her name goes under lizzydannypie)

Daniel

Huh? I'm sorry Daniel, but I'm completely confused by your question, or questions?

You live with your parents, but you don't live with them? You're not a permanent resident, but you are? Who sponsors who? Where did three come from? You want your parents to sponsor you, but not really? So what's the question again?

Jenny,

Thanks and congrats on babies and your husband passing! That is wonderful news. Thanks for the answer, my SO just wants to know that others did that too.

Jim,

My parents are sponsoring my SO. Just wanted to know if I need to put three or four on the I-864. I have no history for the last two years. I live with my parents currently, but suspect it will be extremely short-term. I just want to make sure that my parents don't need to count me on their form. I believe they don't and Jenny said I don't need to do so.

BTW Jim, whereabouts in Portland you reside?

Dan, Camas, Washington (currently)