I just received an email from Maura Harty in responce to an email I sent to her stating it was unfair that we should have to go through the intire waiting game again.

Her email stated that the consulate will now reinstate the original interview date but the visa will not be issued until the name check is completed. They are also looking into the statis of the name check for us. This will reduce our wait considerably now. Yipi Kia pardners!

I am not sure if the forms will be sent for the daughter to get her phsyical and all. I have written back to find out more and I have written the counsulate also.

Does any one know if can I have them fill out forms that I have down loaded and emailed to them or do we have to wait for the forms from the consulate?

Boba and Meixiang :greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob:

Impatient, I waited for the P3 forms from GZ. My present situation is a little different this time so I am not sure how to proceed yet.

jgrier5, Her email address is hartyma@state.gov.

NY-Viking, Thanks for the correct spelling for Yippee Kaiyay. I learned to spell from Trigg.

:greenblob:

Boba and Meixiang :greenblob:

Did either one of you use the downloaded P3 or did you just wait for the one from GZ?

I downloaded the P3 forms so that I could see what they looked like and answer any questions my fiancee had. I also filled them out and sent them to her for use in filling out the actual forms when they arrived from Guangzhou. She actually submitted the forms that were mailed from Guangzhou. Figured we'd be safest that way.

NY-Viking, thanks for the info. I was going to have her send off the ones I already filled out but maybe I will have her fill out the ones from GZ. Was there any difference in them? I thought I read somewhere that tha ones from GZ were bar coded

Bill

Some of them might have been. I'm not sure as I never saw them. Maybe someone who was in China when their SO got the documents could answer.

I just received an email from Maura Harty in responce to an email I sent to her stating it was unfair that we should have to go through the intire waiting game again.  

Her email stated that the consulate will now reinstate the original interview date but the visa will not be issued until the name check is completed.  They are also looking into the statis of the name check for us. This will reduce our wait considerably now.  Yipi Kia pardners!  

This certainly sounds like a turn for the better. If both can go to the interview together, you should be able to get the okie dokie subject to the security clearance for the daughter.

I can't remember if you're going to be at the interview, but it might be a good idea to arm your fiancee with all of the correspondence you got from Harty so that the VO knows that the only thing lacking is a security clearence resulting from GZ's screw-up.

Robert, nooneufo and Frank thank you guys for all the support and advice, I and Meixiang appreciate it a lot.

It is has been an amazing ride these past few days but I think the finish line is not to far off now.

I also want every one at candle to know how much I appreciate you all. This web site has been a life saver and an inspiration.

Boba and Meixiang :unsure: