Voltage adapter for cell phone etc

I just bought a cell phone that is supposed to roam in China. I understand the fees involved. I will keep in off util use. Where do I get a voltage regulator for this Motorolla V551? What type of prongs are used in GZ? Is Radio Shack my best bet? Can my phone just plug with the standard adapter if it has the American plug.

I bought a phone to use in China also. They included a power supple that I could use in China. I never worked, so i went to a phone store there and bought a 220v one for my phone. Never plug a 110v power supply into 220. Check to see what the input voltage rating is on the power supply they gave you. Radio shack has an adapter for plugging in 110 us style and can be used anywhere in the world (almost). I bought one for 25 bucks and it works fine in China for phone, camera and portable DVD player, etc. Hope this helps

mark

I used to work for Motorola designing cellular phones.

We strived to make the AC adapters as universal as possible..

I have a Motorla V300 GSM phone. It worked fine in China, both receiving and making calls.

The AC adapter worked as designed on 220V/50Hz in China.

If you look on your AC adapter/charger you will see the specification listed. The Input Voltage will say something like 100-220V ~ 50/60Hz

If not then you will need to purchase a voltage converter to convert the 220V in China to 110V.

I would be suprised if the adapter doesn't meet international standards.

Also I had no problems with the plugs they used in China... most outlets accepted the standard US plugset. This might not be the case in more remote areas. If your worried you can always by a US-Chinese plugset.

RadioShack or Brookstone are good source for these needs.

Hope this helps... if you have any q's.. just ask

As long as the blades aren't the weird polarized kind where one blade is wider than the other so you can only put it in one way it should work. As everything else in Southern China, there's 4 types of plugs commonly in use here, and the plugs in most hotels and homes are made to accomodate 3 of them. US flat bade is one of them. The one that doesn't work well is the Hong Kong plug, and most power strip/universal adapters here accomodate those.

I've got the reverse problem, my laptop cord, cellphone chargers won't fit US plugs.

Bob