LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD

MikeXiao,

Maura Harty has been inteviewed by National Public Radio in the past, so it would be interesting if they wanted to interview her about what is happening in GUZ.

National Public Radio states: "Like all journalists, we are looking for true stories, events or people that present something new, important and interesting to a nationwide audience. "

If our story is not true and important to a nationwide audience, I don't know what is. They often waste time interviewing unknown artists, while our stories are much more important and interesting to a nationwide audience. Click on the link below to send them a story suggestion.

http://www.npr.org/about/pitch/story.html

Good luck.

P.S. There have been CFL members who have gotten media attention. I can't recall names, but I am sure that you can find their postings in the archives.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aosnow

Cody, I was trying to generate an alternative. NPR is a good idea, but we may need other ideas. Don't you think it is signifcant that there was no interest even in a city with a large chinese population?

we take it for granted that a large segment of the population is interested, but it seems not. we need to try another approach, I wish I knew what it is.

I got a response from Congressman Rick Larsen of Washington regarding the situation in GZ. He is having an assistant look into it who just contacted me for some more information. She said she will see if there is anything she can do to help in our case which is looking at at least 18 months for a K3 that will turn into a CR-1, and our case isn't even at the point where most of the problems at GZ seem to occur.

The biggest problem with our situation is the fact that GZ routinely gives out wrong information. After calling twice and getting the wrong answer about if we could do DCF I naively assumed it must be correct. (if only we had known about CFL!!!) This has cost us at least a year.

The next delay for our K3 is that GZ sent it to the P3 to the wrong address or somehow it got lost. According to DOS they called my husband once but when they didn't get hold of him they listed his phone number as invalid. They never tried to contact me, they just seemed to give up on it. I don't know what the problem could be with mail in GZ but P3s and P4s seem to get lost quite often.

MikeXiao,

Maura Harty has been inteviewed by National Public Radio in the past, so it would be interesting if they wanted to interview her about what is happening in GUZ

National Public Radio states:  "Like all journalists, we are looking for true stories, events or people that present something new, important and interesting to a nationwide audience. "

If our story is not true and important to a nationwide audience, I don't know what is.  They often waste time interviewing unknown artists, while our stories are much more important and interesting to a nationwide audience.  Click on the link below to send them a story suggestion.

http://www.npr.org/about/pitch/story.html

Good luck.

P.S.  There have been CFL members who have gotten media attention.  I can't recall names, but I am sure that you can find their postings in the archives.

I emailed them!