New complications

Went to get the SSN today. The lady said She couldn't get verification of any of the info on Jun's entry documents, so she had to request verification from the Department of Homeland Security. Said we could expect her SS card in 60 days!!! :unsure: :unsure:

Oh well, at least she's here. :D

Well, I'm relieved to hear it's not just me, and it worked out for you guys. Still pretty annoying though. The lady at the counter said it was typical too. I said "Yeah, department of Homeland security... sounds typical"... she kinda rolled her eyes and said "yep. typical"

Perhaps it depends on how long they have been in the country. When we applied for Bing's SSN she had been here a little over a month. The info was in the computer at the SSA office. Her SSN came about 4 days later.

Went to get the SSN today.  The lady said She couldn't get verification of any of the info on Jun's entry documents, so she had to request verification from the Department of Homeland Security.  Said we could expect her SS card in 60 days!!!  :angry:  :angry:

Oh well, at least she's here. :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to us.

But we went on Monday of this week (only a few days after Rong arrived).

However, a copy of that form saying it was being processed was enough, and the MA RMV issued her a state ID Card that same afternoon...

Now, it is time to finish compiling all of the AOS papers and getting married next week!

Good Luck to you.

also, if you are in Boston, I can fill you in on the place we went to (it was no problem at all for us)...

• 2 weeks later...