To all,

I have beeen out of the network for the past four weeks due to final tests, and a personal family matter. I hope to finish this week up and begin playing "catch-up" with the forum.

I'm begining the process of K-3 Visa. I have filled out all appropriate forms. However, it seems that Alice and myself have both heard the rumour that G-325A which is enclosed with I-130 needed to be in English and her native language. I know that her name is signed in her native alphabet. That was the only language change that I was aware of on this form.

I have used search engines in both CFL, VisaJourney and VisaPro. I have checked the links and resources for CFL, and still have any results to to answer my question. Can anyone confirm this bit of information that I heard? Is these some other location where bi-lingual forms need to be submitted?

I hate to say it....No, I don't! The federal government (e.g Consulate at Guangzhou, USACIS) has a nasty habit of changing their minds on any particular whim.

I'm ready to send the forms to Alice now for signature, and just don't want to have a screw-up occur. Thanks to all in in advance.

Cerberus:

When we filed our I-130 petition in September of 2004, all that was required to be completed in Chinese:

I-130 (question 20): Relative Address (spouse/fiancee) in native alphabet.

G-325A (second line of signature block): signature in native alphabet also.

The I-129f petition would be similar to the I-130 petition. We completed this for the K-3 but never filed it with the USCIS. I cannot remember the question number, but I know it was the Relative Address block also.

Though I am not certain, I do not believe the entire G-325A must be completed in Chinese also. Also, have not heard word of this on VisaJourney.com

One supporting document that I would include, but is not specified in the petition instructions, is a copy of your spouse's "Notary Certificate of Birth". You might receive a RFE without this. The USCIS has requested this document from some spouses/finacees of Asian countries. If you have this document include it. Your call on this.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the information, it is greatly appreciated. I also want to thank you for the information in regard to the Notary Certificate of Birth. When I was last in Chengdu, I took care of all notarizations, from Taxes to I-129 and 130. Cost me a pretty penny. However, the translator was one of the most sincere and attention detail civil servants I have ever met. He specifically brought your point up to us, and did that paperwork for us. Thanks for the "head's up."

Best of luck to your wife and yourself.

Dave