Married in the US

Hi, Don't know where to post this, hopes ok here. My (BOSS)hehe, has a chance to come to N.C. ans spend a week in (her) home. We haven't filed for k-1 or anything yet. It's this we really want to get married somehow when shes here, we both want that real bad, if we could do that and maybe keep it from messing up or k-1 has anyone done this before?? Is so what forms would she need? Maybe i'm wrong but got to be someone out here got a back country preacher to marry ya, and maybe kept it between you, her and familys??? All this stufff is so confusing :blink:

Has anyone done this? We don't really now how to do k-1 yet, so much to learn. My boss lives in Gz. and i live i north carolina. Hey, we have known each other about a year and 2 months, she got a chance to travel with her job, and will see her in april, feel like a kid again!!! :D

Thank You!!! Joseph

If she can get to the US, you will not have to file anything through China.

Once you are married, she will not have to leave the US if you *quickly* file for AOS.

This is known as the 10' pole issue.

However, I would recruit a lawyer first, because if you mess up, she could be banned for up to 3-10 years from coming to the US, even if the K is processed.

However, most people from Europe who do it this way, just save all of the hassle of going to get a visa (and for them, it really is not much hassle).

Again, I never wrote this...and I am also NOT a lawyer!

Who used Jason's name to post that advise above? Many friends from various countries have advised me to avoid the K-1 hassles by marrying here while she comes as a student or tourist.Seems this is the preferred method from Europe and the middle east where it is easy and quick to get those visas.

We decided against the risks and stayed standing in line.

Who used Jason's name to post that advise above? Many friends from various countries have advised me to avoid the K-1 hassles by marrying here while she comes as a student or tourist.Seems this is the preferred method from Europe and the middle east where it is easy and quick to get those visas.

We decided against the risks and stayed standing in line.

You are very smart to *not* go through with it.

I (Jason) would recommend to people that if your SO has a Guangzhou Hukou to go to Hong Kong and get married there (then you can legally file through the HK Consulate, which is MUCH faster than GZ).

I *know* of someone who did the above route (came in on an F1 visa and then got married). However, you have to be *very* careful. If your intent was to marry, then you have some serious problems...

I would recommend that people take a legal and safe way.

However, I just wanted people to know that other ways do exist (although I definitely do NOT endorse them).

Jason