My wife got her p-3 for the K-3 visa yesterday, and we are extremely happy about that. She ran into a problem though. I am pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I cant find it. Her hukou is located in Huaihua, in Hunan province, but she currently lives in Shenzhen. She told me the people in Shenzhen refused to give her a police report because of this. Should she get a police report from her home town to cover the entire time past age 16 even though she didnt live there? How will the interviewer look at this if she does? please help.

Bill:

Hey, my wife was born in Hunan Province. She was not born in Huaihua, but she moved there to work after graduating from college. She spent a number of years in Huahui and her family now lives there. I been to Huaihua twice last year, and when I return to China in April, we will be visiting her family in Huahai again.

Like your wife, my wife has been in Shenzhen for about 10 years. Her household registry is in Huahai also. So when we married, we had to go to Changsha, the capital of Hunan province. Likewise, her Notorial Birth Certificate was obtained from Huaihua.

We also received her Police Certificate from Huaihua, Shenzhen will not issue a certificate. Since her interview will probably not occur until the end of this year, we must obtain another Police Certificate from Huaihua, because the certificate we have now will be out of date.

I do not what else we can do. I feel this will be sufficient for the interview. If you have any other options please let me know !!!!

Mark