Hold Medical Exam Envelope, Right?

I did a search and could not find a clear answer. When filing for AOS, you are supposed to hold onto the sealed envelope from the doctor with the actual exam inside, right? This is an original document and you are not supposed to send in the originals. One of the people on the CIS so-called customer service line told me to send it with the 485 but I think this is wrong. I'm afraid of it getting lost.

Also do you send in the original I-693 or just a copy?

Much discussed. The med exam and I-693 do not need be sent in with the I-485. Yesterday I recieved notice of AOS interview and they said bring this with to the interview. I did not send it with the I-485.

It is for the interview-you will need to bring this data to a cicil surgeon prior to the AOS interview-he will ahve the I-693 etc...

I posted a thread on britishexpats and got replies from two severely major experts, Rete and Folinskyinla, and they both said to send in the envelope. Now I am in a confused state. Here I've got Trigg telling me his AOS went thru to the appointment letter without the envelope being sent in, while getting conflicting info from elsewhere. I had always thought you were supposed to hold onto the envelope.

Here is the thread from the other board:

http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/showthr...771#post2123771

Help!!!

Robert, let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. I am K1 applying for AOS after marriage. I'm not sure what envelope you are talking about??? Fang Ling has her shot record and her chest X-ray. The 'envelope' was taken at POE. As K1 must pass a physical before the visa is issued she will only need to see the civil surgeon and present the records we have shots etc. for heim to fill out the I-163 (maybe supplemental) This needn't be done when filling. I called UCIS before I filed for AOS and they told me it is for the interview. And my papers went through no problemo_______

So, tell me what envelope you are talking about?? Is it the yellow shot record??

Thank you for taking an interest in this. My Ping came in on a K3, and they took her sealed envelope at the airport. Now I am filing for AOS. She had to go for another complete exam because of elapsed time. I have an original I-693 filled out by the doctor and a sealed white envelope with the actual physical exam inside.

Thank you for taking an interest in this.  My Ping came in on a K3, and they took her sealed envelope at the airport.  Now I am filing for AOS.  She had to go for another complete exam because of elapsed time.  I have an original I-693 filled out by the doctor and a sealed white envelope with the actual physical exam inside.

Ah, now I understand. In the next few weeks we will get that envelope for the interview. Robert, I think the same rules still apply. The med exam and I-163 are for the interview. The reason for not sending them or having them done before filing is because they may expire before the interview is granted. I'm not 100% sure that K3 and K1 are the same but my guess is that they are.

Having said all that let me say this. If you file without sending in the med exam and the I-163 they will simoply reject your filing and send you a paper saying that you should send in the info. This only adds a month to the process-no big deal. if you send in the info and it is lost, you will need to redo everything again-med exam shots etc...

Once again, the AOS interview letter staed to bring the med evidence and I-163 in with at the time of interview.

Well, I have got the exam done and have the I-693 and the sealed envelope. I'm going to send them in with the 485 package, having stapled the envelope to a piece of paper so hopefully it won't fall out of the file folder and get lost. I'll just be praying that the AOS interview comes before the medical exam expires.