About the DS 230 Part I

My wife never received the original mailing of the Ds3032 at her home address.

I had to send her a scanned image that she filled out and mailed to NVC. We are worried that she may not get the DS230 Part I if it goes to the same address and is addressed in English like the DS 3032.

Will the DS230 come from GZ (addressed in Chinese)?

Will I get a copy I can send her?

Thanks.

Steve:

It looks like you are going the CR-1 route, like us. If so, the NVC sends the P3 package and not Guangzhou. The P3 package will be sent to the Agent of Choice (person you specified on the DS-3032).

For our case, we specificed myself (USC) as the agent. I received the P3 package from NVC last Friday. Yesterday, I FEDEXed the DS-230 Part 1 and GIV3 documents to my wife for signature.

Our experience the the DS-3032 was identical to yours. I received a copy of the DS-3032 with the AOS fee bill. My wife (in China) never received the DS-3032 letter from the NVC. We had to use the copy I received. This is why we choose myself as the agent.

ChineseWife (Richard) has pinned the P3 package from the NVC on this website. You might want to download the info. Please feel free to contact me if you need help. I can scan the entire contents of the P3 and e-mail them.

Looks like our timelines are close.

Mark

Incredible!

My wife received the P3 packet today in China! It seems that the GZ center sent her P3 for her K3 Visa despite our I-130 already being processed. I just mailed the AOS and Visa payment on the 1st and her packet was mailed from GZ on the first!

She was very excited. But I was suspicious until she read me the forms. Then I knew that was for the Fiancee Visa that was no longer valid for us.

I told her to not throw it out because this may save us some time if she fills out the ds230 and I wait for the correct bar code to come to me.

I have been going through this process almost solo until I found the CFL site about two months ago. So I have decided to post a website cotaining the forms I have found along the way. Everyone is welcome for as long as I have it up.

www.immigratechina.info

Thanks. Any other forms I should post let me know.

i also have a similar experience. I called NVC this friday and the lady said that my wife could just make a statement and sign it then post to the NVC. I scanned it with my mailing info and emailed it to her. She will express it on monday (China time). I am expecting my 864 this week. Thanks for the heads up on the IRS forms. The lady also said sending in last 3 years (2003) was okay. I have read other posts that the I230 part 1 should be from NVC not a copy.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Two things:

First, a lot of people send in a copy of the DS-230 that they have prepared in advance. I asked on visajourney.com, and they said they all did that. They have a specific NVC forum.

Second, I think you can go on and send in those K3 forms that Guangzhou sent -- you might get the interview scheduled earlier that way.

My apologies for the confusion ... my I-130 was approved in December, and I haven't updated my timeline.

My K3 was approved at MSC this month and got through NVC really quick, passing my I-130 which is also at the NVC. For now I'm just going forward with both, and I'll take whichever one gets us the interview first, because I'm tired of waiting.

I realize that many people have done fine with downloaded/photocopied DS-230s, but someone posted at visajourney that an NVC operator indicated they were about to start cracking down on that sort of thing. Which would be ill-timed, because my wife just put a filled-out and signed downloadable DS-230 in the mail to me in anticipation of the NVC sending us ours soon.