March 3 w/Maura Harty

Hmmm, well that was interesting. Here is the numbers from the Manila Consulate February schedule. Both these numbers and the ones from India are only for these four groups. They are doing much more other interviews as well. For February, Manila schedule is 57 pages long. I am not sure if India does the most.

February interview list at Manila Consulate

K1 508

K3 293

CR1 151

CR2 17

That's really interesting, nooneufo. Esp that India has a few processing locations. I don't suppose there's any way to get a total on GZ for Feb/March... I think every place is more forthcoming with info than GZ. Even HK lists interview dates on their web site. Imagine how much time GZ could save in emails if they posted all this and other info on their site.

Beijingjenny,

I have tried really hard to find any kind of stats on GZ to no avail. After checking all this out, based on the immigration stats for 2003 it seems to me that the Phillippines processes at least as many total visa's as Guangzhou in a third of the time. The following is found here on table 8:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/aboutus/s...IMM2003list.htm

Total family immigration in 2003

China 21,596

Philippines 20,498

India 12,693

Korea 6579

I also agree after looking around that nearly every other consulate is way more forthcoming in providing all sorts of information directly on their web pages to include when your appointment might be, what specific things to do in case of denial, and what to do if you are in limbo like the name check people waiting after sending their P3. All this convinces me all the more something is seriously wrong with GZ, and I hate to think it is corruption, but hope it is poor training. Knowing what I know now, I would have seriously considered trying to get my SO to move to Hong Kong or the Philippines as soon as we knew we wanted to do this.

By the way, greatly appreciate the time line information you and others have provided, as I think I know that GZ has a computer count down that spits the P4 out automatically at around 120 days right now. After reading the other consulates info on how they process, this seems to be something they each do but at different times. I also note that the Philippines seems to do all K1/K3 interviews on a Wednesday and Friday. Clearly each Consulate chooses how they will do things. Perhaps a recommendation of some on the job training for certain people to be sent to Manila? Anyway, if you go, it sounds like you have a good plan to keep it simple. And good luck on the interview and the twins.