Question about the Interview

My wife brought some e-mails and stuff with her, but also had pics from my visit there. In addition, she brought holiday photos of my family and I from the Christmas before (I had given them to her previously). She stated that the interviewer looked at those, and made sure she knew my birthday and my parents' names.

Sometimes when the interviewer feels that they are getting rehearsed "canned" answers, they will throw in an offbeat question just to see how the interviewee handles it. I have overheard some interviews at Shenyang for business, student and tourist visas and I can understand it. There are people out on the street outside the consulate (Chinese nationals) selling "consulting" on how to get a visa. They will also buttonhole people coming out to find out what they were asked. I understand they are very expensive and that they really don't know much. From what I overheard they think it works like all tests in China. There is a question bank and all you have to do is memorize the answers to the question bank. They really do tend to sound robotic and even to be answering the questions they studied instead of what they were asked. They need to know the obvious details anyone in a relationship would know, but also they need to relax and just be natural as they can in a second language. In my wife's case they switched to Chinese after a brief time in English.

Every single post and posters on here are very informative, and I'm very appreciative. If you can provide more on this subject, or anything else you can remember, will be appreciated.

Imagine the database of such useful information that is being created for future K-1 couples. Who needs those overpriced lawyers claiming to be 'experts'! ;)

Two weeks ago, my fiancee and I went to the Consulate just to check out the surroundings and the settings so that my fiancee will be familiar when her interview day comes. However, I think we only saw and visited the back entrance which had two "security" guards. From what I saw, the Consulate was nothing like the pictures I've seen from other community message boards. There was a two story European style building and it looked like there was some construction going on, and there was blue fencing surrounding the back part of this compound.

So I thought we were at the wrong place, but my question is, There are two entrances right, from what I've heard a North and South entrance? Or is there 'more to be seen' once we past the security checkpoint that we saw?

Did we go to the right place???? But next to the security checkpoint with the two guards, there was a guard-booth with the sign "American Citizen Services Hours".

Please provide me with some sense of direction.

:P

Thats they place. Hey, it has improved. There wasn't even a sign when we were there. In fact, we ended up at the end of the line because, lacking any information, we went to the more obvious south gate. Finally one of the hotel shills waiting outside it told us where we needed to be. Then we were far back in the line.

Look for the long line outside the north gate early in the morning. If nothing else, ask someone if you are at the right place.

It surprised me too as to just how unlike a government compound it looked.