Question about the Interview

Jatuke...

first congratulations to your fiancee gets an interview date! :rolleyes:

second, most of the officials in the interview can speak well Chinese, or they will arrange an translator for her if your fiancee doesn't speak English well..

The interview is conducted in English by Americans, most (if not all) who are fluent in Mandarin. It can be as short as 5 minutes, and much longer if the VO detects something is amiss during the interview. My wife's interview lasted less than 10 minutes. The VO asked to see some of the required paperwork (including our marriage certificate and her divorce certificate, but oddly enough, he did not ask for the Affidavit of Support documents), and our photos. My wife's English is adequate, but if your fiance's English is very poor, expect more questioning. Back that up with photocopies of telephone bills and e-mails, and letters with postmarked envelopes (both from you to her, and from her to you). Of course, photos of you together (prints from a film camera with the date imprinted is desireable) are a must. Digital camera photos might be a problem since such images can be manipulated.

third,

they normally ask...

what's your fiance's name, birthday, where to work, live,

how do you call your fiance?

from where do you get to know each other, when?

when was the first time he came to visit you...

how many times has he been in China to visit you?

how do you communiate to each other...

mostly are general questions... they normally don't ask too strict questions on interviewers who are applying fiancee visa. (but might be more strict to whom applying marriage visa).

if your relationship is true, then you don't need to worry about the interview.

Good luck :rolleyes:

Guest seafloor06
You need to bring photos, emails, and phone logs.

How does one obtain a phone log from calls made with a calling card (you know, you pay $20 for so many hours and get a PIN)?

How does one obtain a phone log from calls made with a calling card (you know, you pay $20 for so many hours and get a PIN)?

if you book it online you can print out the orders, also you may try call to the tele company to see whether they can provide you a detailed list of your phone calls.

most of company will do if you tell them how serious issue is it.

I used to use phone cards before, and I would mail the actual phone cards to my fiancee to be used as evidence. However, I have been using onesuite.com's service, which is an online phone card service and they provide call logs that you can print. The rates are great and the member services are very useful as well.

and... if there is really no way to get any records...

maybe you can make several direct calls to your fiancee, so that can have some evidences in your hand.

but phone records is not everything.

the day after my interview, I met a girl there and she was rejected, because the VO didn't accpet IP cards (she has bunch of them in hands from both sides). insisted to let her show records of phone calls.

but she finally got approved after her fiance came over and talked to VO and showed more evidence of their relationship.

Jatuke,

It is completely normal for you and your fiancee to be nervous about the interview. I want to reassure you everything will be okay. It is a good idea to prepare, but I think you will be surprised by how little they will actually ask if they sense a genuine relationship.

I spent $50 US to express my fiancee a large and heavy 3-ring binder of all the emails we had exchanged, phone cards, and my little notebook I've kept for a year where I had my english romanization of Cantonese words I learned from my fiancee and from movies.

In the end, she said the interviewer was very nice, and only asked her like two simple questions ... can I see pictures and what does your fiance do for his work? She even offered to show him the 3-ring binder with all the evidence I had put together and he laughed and said "no I believe you and I don't want to look through all of that!"

Thanks,

P.J.

Phatkat,

On the topic of 'sense a genuine relationship'...

1. GZ states that they 'open a case' for your fiancee, so I was wondering does that mean they have a 'file folder or some kind of record keeping' where they keep all your email requests to GZ, and any faxes to GZ, and these files support the genuinity? (However I doubt this, because this is a large overhead of recordkeeping) Is this possible?

2. I know they have our I-129 contents: documents, photos, evidence. Do the I-129F contents dictate the extent of the interview?

I have not a single doubt about our genuine relationship, but I would like to be on the safe-side of being paranoid and prepared. I too am preparing a folder with the emails, phone logs, and anything else that I can find.

If you use onesuite.com, they have a detailed phone log. Only 3.9 cents a minute to China.

I use call cards from firstphonecard.com. I sent them an email (custom service) for phone log. They did give me a log but the format is pretty bad.