Document translation question

My wife handled all of her document translation while still in China. I detailed this subject somewhat in a post somewhere one time.

What I do remember is that the translation has to be a four(4) page translation. GZ will accept nothing less. Some consulates, like Canada, will accept the two(2) page type.

While on the subject, have your wife get several copies of translation on her important documents such as birth cetificates, etc. She will need them here in the states.

Maybe it will be better to have your wife handle all the translations in China.

Just a thought.

-good luck and yeah,,,welcome back!......... :lol:

My wife took care of all the translations in China. I don't know how much she paid. I looked into it here in Texas and they told me that they charged somethimg like $0.50 per word, but birth certificates or marriage liscences would probably run about $50.

As for documents that need to be translated, a good rule of thumb is that any documents printed in Chinese need to be translated, but remember that the translation also needs to be accompanied by a statement from the translator that they are fluent in both Chinese and English and the name of their company.

From my experience so far my best advise would be to send the docs to be translated to your SO in China and have them translated/notarized there at the local government translation office. Same place as she had the notarial birth certificate, etc translated... All of the Chinese to English translations we did had to be translated and the translation notarized. There is a local independent translation service, but the GS consulate won't accept their translations..

Bob

All nonEnglish documents or papers you intend to submit at the interview or on "overcome" (blue sheet) submittal are supposed to by translated into English by the IV unit's rules. Some definitely are required to be notarized such as official documents and others like letters and statements written in Chinese will be accepted without a notary if the translation reads like normal English (American style).