welcome Yunling & Lucky

Hi Dan and Xiaowen!!!! Hey!!! how you doing? Thanks!!!!

Yup...it 10:00pm here...and Yunling and Lucky are getting on her flight to Chicago in 1/2 hour in HK, will be flying there to meet them tomorrow and fly home with them. She was concerned about not much snow here...and wanting to see it snowing...told her, snow predicted for Monday...GOD...it has been a longgggggggggggg month waiting.....

SHE"S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Met up in Chicago without a hitch, but we allllllllllllllllll know that in the visa process things get SCREWED up some how!

Our flight home was for 4:25pm on UA. we are sitting at the gate at 4:10pm, looking out the window and see no plane! Go and look at the departures...and sure enough....flight is shown scheduled, go to the counter.....'ohhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooo....that flight has been changed to 7:00pm!' welllll...why no notice? 'wellllllllllllllll...guess they just haven't updated the board....' When did you find this out? 'At 2:00pm this afternoon'!!!!!

Ok....other flight out? 'yes...we have one at 6:51'....OK...We'll take that one!!! Gate C:10...we go to gate C:10....6:30 comes...noooooooooooo plane!!!!! WHAT? 'Thats been changed to 8:30pm'!!!!! as I look at the departures and see 7:00pm is boarding.....to late for us to run to other side of airport to catch....

we finally made it home at 12:30am....and it 2:00am before we make it to bed for the night....

I was steamed!!!! but...she and lucky are here...and THATS what counts!!!!!

Glad to hear all of you made it home in one piece regardless of the airline's shenanigans. i know you and yunling are gonna be very busy for awhile getting situated so whenever you or Yunling get a chance give us a call. get some rest & enjoy the snow i know your bound to get a little more before winter is over.

talk to ya soon Xiaowen & Dan