due to such varying wait times...is it possible...

Hello.

I have a question.

Currently, I live in Boston, where it seems that they are processing i-485 applications for AOS from June of 2003. However, my permenant ID (both passport and driver's license) show that my address is still in the location that my parents live and I lived before (in a location which processes applications from September of 2004 right now).

Although we *indend* to live in the Boston area for at least the next few years, is there a *possible* way to apply in the *other* location instead, using my parent's address as the registered address? If this is the case, what implications would it have when we go into the interview and they see that some docs point to that address (like bank documents), but others point to a Boston address?

Thanks for your help!

(I know, I know, I am thinking about 1 month into the future, but obtaining these documents is a time consuming process)

She is the one who applies-not you. so it is her address that is important. what address did you use on other documents?? What address will beon you checking account?? Home address? AOS is a step yopu gom through with her by yoru side-a little time isn't that important. You can still get EAD and AP etc,, while waiting so why the big hurry???

Just my thoughts-why rock the boat if it already floats?

She is the one who applies-not you. so it is her address that is important.  what address did you use on other documents?? What address will beon you checking account?? Home address? AOS is a step yopu gom through with her by yoru side-a little time isn't that important.  You can still get EAD and AP etc,, while waiting so why the big hurry???

Just my thoughts-why rock the boat if it already floats?

You are absolutely right! She applies. I read that just last night!

For us, it is an interesting story. I currently have two bank accounts, one with the address in Boston, and one with the address in the other state. I could easily switch the address to either, since it is only where my statements are sent. We will do all of our banking online or at a local branch office anyway.

In terms of a home, we will be *renting* a house in Boston. However, the only permanent address (one which may not change every 6 months, as leases end and need to be renewed, with a possibility of moving) is the one not in Boston, but for at least the next 2 years, we will stay in rented apartments in Boston.

Yes, you are right, the EAD/AP are the important things here (from what I have read on those documents). However, if she wants to obtain in-state tuition for a public school in MA (to save big bucks), even if I have lived here for more than 1 year now, it is no good, unless she has a green card (with proof of being in state). Hence, the location of where we live will not help us to save money.

In terms of employment, she will likely work here in Boston (based on what she is interested in working as), but the possibility of doing much work on a consulting basis for her jobs of interest mean that it is even flexible too.

I know that we *should* file here, but with things being flexible this way, I wonder if we could save ourselves a year of hassle and file in the other location? Or is this a bad idea...

Thanks again!!!