Documenst mailed to China

I am preparing to ship our final documents (I-134, etc) to Shanghai.

Has anyone had any problems with documents clearing customs?

Any suggestions on mailing? I will be using FedEX and will note on declarations that the documents are for K-1 Visa Application.

Yes Sping and romance is in the air.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....3e02f5cfae8b958

yyp,

Your post here reminded me of an old post along the same lines. I went back and found it and posted it above.

In my experience, I always used the US post office and never had any problems sending mail, or parcels, to China. I also sent all my CIS correspondences by USPS, including USPS money orders for the fees.

The post above is just one individual's bad luck with federal express. It doesn't mean that it's the norm but it did give me some "ammo" in defense of the USPS whenever this subject came up................... :unsure:

Interesting occurence the other way. Just got the P-3 Lao po FEDEX'ed from CHINA to US.

She, per my instructions, marked the FEDEX label "DOCUMENTS ONLY". I received it with a "Opened for U.S. Customs" label on it! There are 3 copies of a P-3 inside it- NOTHING more. EVEN the FEDEX label was obviously cut open and had about 10 feet of 2" wide packing tape on it.

B!fch to open.

Also I learned something to past along. FEDEX guy told me that they do NOT do Saturday delivery to my area (Think my wife paid for it though- will ask later). The package arrived in Las Vegas @ 5:00 AM on SATURDAY and SAT THERE all weekend (She sent it about 6 PM Thursday China time). He told me I could have phoned either facility in Vegas and found which one had it and then gone to pick it up THERE ON SATURDAY. Darn it!