To wait for my sweetie in LAX

Lee, she can recheck her luggage for the next flight just a short distance, maybe 50 feet from where the customs area is within the secured area. It saves a lot of lugging and confusion.

Ken

In summary it is immigration, get luggage, customs, and recheck luggage all within the secured area. She then can meet you in the waiting area and you can go to the terminal for your next flight. It is a 4 step process.

I have flown china southern three times from GZ into LAX.  It comes in terminal 5. 

long_strider

I guess that ends that. I had asked about this at LAX (because of a similar question here at CFL) upon one of my returns back in Aug. or Sept. and I was APPARENTLY MISINFORMED- forget if I asked Imm. or a Customs officer. His response was like "Just here".

Guest DragonFlower

OK,thanks for the info.LAX is huge so I guess it makes sense.Just reminds me to not assume anything when flying in and out of there.Best to check.

I have had to make that run from Delta to the Bradley 3 times,last time too late,had to leave the next day.

long

I have flown china southern three times from GZ into LAX.  It comes in terminal 5.  

long_strider

I guess that ends that. I had asked about this at LAX (because of a similar question here at CFL) upon one of my returns back in Aug. or Sept. and I was APPARENTLY MISINFORMED- forget if I asked Imm. or a Customs officer. His response was like "Just here".

I'll end it here guys; She's home. :D

There's apparently misinformation handed out (right there in LAX) about international flights being only at Bradley. While I was waiting, I heard people say they had been told to go to Bradley for international arrivals; then told there to come back to Terminal 5 for China Southern.

I arrived both ways; Bradley when I arrived on Cathay, Terminal 5 when I arrived on China Southern.

After I talked to security and went downstairs, the layout reminded me of what I did in September, including re-checking my luggage (but from a backward point of view; since I was one of the arrivals. Maybe that's why I couldn't remember.)

Domestic arrivals come down and escalator and into baggage claim. The international door from customs is under the escalators (sort of).

(Delta seemed to only have a shuttle between Terminal 5 and Terminal 6 for it's own connections (map I saw on the wall). I don't recall seeing any other terminal shuttles. But I suppose that's because I wasn't in the secure area.)

Apparently, immigration and customs went without a hitch. She rolled a cart out (her wearing a very big grin :D ) with two large overstuffed luggage pieces, and more carry-on stuff than she should have been allowed.

We walked it over to Terminal 4, and re-checked it for DFW-Austin after getting our boarding passes.

Now begins the next part of our adventure. :D B)

P.S.: I've already been gigged about some of the stuff we see in the "clean" thread; there were some non-compliances in her first inspection of the kitchen. And apparently the socks need to be separate in the dirty clothes basket...I thought I was keeping the place fairly tidy...I fear my training period is about to begin. :lol: :P :P