My wife got her "white paper" today

My wife received her first packet from GZ today. According to the top of the page it says K1 visa. Now, I had applied for a K3 for her. Is this a miss-print on GZ, or are they just grouping them all into one pile? Can someone give me a hand here? ;) It says at the very bottom that it is a Packet 3 if this helps at all. Thanks ahead of time for any answers!

Phil

This is not the infamous "white paper" that everyone has been talking about on here. If I understood your post, you have only received packet 3, which contains the forms that you will submit to GZ for packet 4.

The "white paper" that everyone's been talking about is a letter from GZ stating to pick up a visa. You still have one more step to complete before the "white paper" phase. First, submit the forms in packet 3 to GZ. Then GZ will process those forms, and after will mail you packet 4 with an interview date. And if things are still the way they are now, GZ will tell your fiancee to wait for the "white paper" in the mail stating to come back to GZ and pick up the visa.

I think your post heading may mislead people. ;)

I am not sure how you should handle this, but this is why we got caught up in the "black hole". GZ screwed up my application and had my wife's daughter down for a K-1 interview and my wife not scheduled for an interview but listed as a K-2. When I called them to report the error, thinking that they would just correct their paper work, they insisted that I had to reapply and start over. I now know enough that I would not have accepted that answer and would be all over them, DOS and my Senators, but back then we just decided to get married and re-file, on the advice of the Shenyang Consulate. (Yea, I know. No wonder we are in such a mess. We listened to consulate advice)

If it were me, I would send an e-mail pointing out the error and then if there is no response, just take the K-1 and get married again in the US.

If it were me, I would send an e-mail pointing out the error and then if there is no response, just take the K-1 and get married again in the US.

Well, I was planning on having a wedding here so that really won't be a problem. I will see if by sending out an E-mail to point this error out will work. If not, no biggie. :)

Phil

My wife called them today after about an hour and 40 minutes she was actually able to speak with someone. They also agreed with her that they had made a misstake in the papers that they sent to her. :wacko: So she will be getting correct packet in a few days. Thanks for the suggestions Sir Owen. :P

Phil & Ru Fang