Slurp 'n spit session

Just left what I have come to call the nightly slurp and spit session (supper.) Mama was in rare form tonight. She always, in the greatest of Chinese traditions, makes several foods everyday and everyday it is home cooked Chinese for me.

Tonight she has outdone herself. Started with seaweed soup--mmmmmm goood. Then on to pigs feet. She just found them at the Chinese MKT. toenails are at best ugly--but tasty as hell. Of course some wok cooked shrimp with garlic and ginger. Big pot full of Guy Choy Jai with a sweet oyster sauce. Some wonderful Lau Bo (Chinese radish) with venison. and the daily ration of some pickled veggie with pork.

All nicely complimented with jasmine rice.

Hmm, makin' me hungry again--T best go get some more.

Those of you that have your wives here will know what

I'm talking 'bout. the rest of you can only imagine

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp. sluuuuuuuurp and spit. The sounds of a contented man--It don't get no gooder 'n 'nis! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Those of you that have your wives here will know what

I'm talking 'bout. the rest of you can only imagine

Roger that! I know exactly what you're talkin' about :unsure: Nothing but good times at our kitchen table too. I've gained 15 pounds in the 3 months she's been here, whoops. Every lunch and dinner is like a new meal at a Chinese restaurant, only she never forgets to put in that extra special ingredient, love :unsure:

[Homer Simpson]: Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy ...

I always miss the cooking when I leave China, feel like I am returning to the land of the barbarian cooks.

Whenever I visit Shanghai the first stop I make is to Yu Garden for crab dumplings.

After looking so long here I finally found a restaurant that actually cooks Shanghai cusine....and my lovely dumplings.

When I first ate there my memeories flew back to the resturant in Yu Garden with the large windows open and steaming baskets of dumplings.

Does GZ know how tough it is waiting for our MM's to come home and bring their excellent cooking to our homes? :unsure:

Burp! Belch! ahhhhhhh I just finished a wonderful meal of Duck, tofu with tomatoes, bamboo shoots, baby bok choy and jasmine rice. Bing swears she "cook no good" but I beg to differ with her. I aint getting no skinnier lol.

Burp! Belch! ahhhhhhh I just finished a wonderful meal of Duck, tofu with tomatoes, bamboo shoots, baby bok choy and jasmine rice.    Bing swears she "cook no good" but I beg to differ with her. I aint getting no skinnier lol.

MMMMMmmmmm, what time is supper tommorow???

Tonight she has outdone herself. Started with seaweed soup--mmmmmm goood.  Then on to pigs feet. She just found them at the Chinese MKT. toenails are at best ugly--but tasty as hell. Of course some wok cooked shrimp with garlic and ginger. Big pot full of Guy Choy Jai with a sweet oyster sauce. Some wonderful Lau Bo (Chinese radish) with venison. and the daily ration of some pickled veggie with pork.

All nicely complimented with jasmine rice.

Yepper. Fine food. Those Zhanjiang girls can do wonders with the simplest food, and remember presentation ain't everything. Speaking of presentation, maybe the French could learn a little bit from the Chinese about cooking and a little less about presentation. After all, the French learned to cook from the Italians who learned from the Chinese. Seems something got lost over the centuries. :o

Good for you but I don't see where the spit comes in, looks like all slurp from what you've said. It is so much fun to spit the fish bones, pork bones, et cetera, on the table, onto a napkin, into a bowel, on the floor, over your shoulder, or whatever you've got to do so you can go on to the next delightful bite. It all kind of reminds me of the feasts of the ancient Vikings, but they did not have napkins, and instead would call their long haired dogs over where they could wipe their greasy fingers with the dog's fur. Ping is so cute when she talks about pig's feet, she always makes this hand gesture where she imitates the foot. She cooks Chinese in a special way for me, low salt, low fat, and almost no MSG.

I remember my first meal in Shenzhen in a hotel restuarant, buffett style.

Was a lovely hotel with excellent food.....

As I was sitting there eating my dinner I notice someone spit something out on the table :D

I thought, this person is a bit rude :D

Then to my surprise....more people are spitting things out of their mouths :o

Can you say culture shock.....

A week later in a remote village in north west China I was having the time of my life eating wonderful meals prepared in the barest of homes....my mouth and belly have not yet forgotten the wonderful flavors to this day.

And there I sat with many others happily spitting out the bones on the table - what fun :P

Yes! I remember my first visit to China and we were in this restaurant. I had a bone in my mouth I was tryiung to figure out how to discreetely get rid of. Then I saw Bing spitting them out onto the table. The light came on while I was thinking Yeah this is my kind of place!

Those Zhanjiang girls can do wonders with the simplest food

Right now I'm wondering when my Zhanjiang girl is getting here.

Hopefully I'll enjoy some of that Zhanjiang cusine very soon! :P

You will john, but for now ya gotta just read and drool my friend---and of course practice the slurp and spit method of eating. Believe me, it is worth the wait. MMMMMmmmm, Damn i loves dat Zhanjiang home cookin'.