News on our case

Hi all, it's been a while since I don't post in the Candle, but I had been sneaking in lately to keep updated on what's going on with your lives. I just came back from Beijing last Sunday, had a great time there, even when my SO had to work, he has great flexibility in his working hours (as he's available to them 24/7) so we had the chance to spend some quality time together. We visited the city of Zhengzhou on one of his business trips, and went touring to the famous Shaolin Temple, where we watched a Kung Fu show performed by the students from one of the schools in the city. I was starting to believe that our case was in the same "limbo" as Clifford's, wow, I never imagined that a thing like this will happen to us. It's been 6.5 months now since our name check started, our Congressman contacted GZ and the FBI, GZ stated that the interview will be scheduled as soon as they get the clearance completed, but FBI never promised anything, and never responded to my e-mail dated Nov. 30 nor my fax sent weeks before that. You can't imagine the feeling of frustration, anger, sadness, abandonment that I've been through in the last months. The system must improve indeed, it's just not fair. The consulate has always answered my letters, today I received a note stating that the name was resubmitted for clearance again, this time I sure hope that it will take the normal processing time (1 month), but still wonder what happened to our case during the past months, I just don't wish any of you to experience the anguish my SO and me had during this past time, but it sure made us stronger in our love and determination to be together for the rest of our lives. Now the journey continues, who knows when it will be over, and what the outcome will be, as the torture continues until that blessed interview day. Thanks for all the support I had received from all of you, and hope that all who have interviews coming up have the best of luck.

Mari!!

It's really good to hear from you, I've been wondering where you got to. You also sound a lot more positive this time around, it seems like the time spent with your SO really did both of you some good.

Check out the american woman/chinese man thread for some updates in the girl's club.

Glad you're back!

Amber

Thanks so much guys, we both needed to spend some time together as we were apart for 11 months waiting for a visa interview that never came, I promised myself this would never happen again. Of course we had many discussions concerning our current situation and I did my best to convince him that the wait will be over soon, but it seems as he doesn't believe me any more, and of course I can't make any more promises to him. I've confirmed with DOS that the consulate had made several inquiries regarding the status of the name check, and to be fair, they have always answered my e-mails and addressed my concerns, like the time they called my SO's cell phone to coordinate the delivery of P3 as requested by me. Now I just hope that they keep tracking the name check and that it will be completed by Feb. 23, my SO and me bet on this one, I had told him that the longest wait for name check that I know of (Clifford's) lasted 7.5 months, and on this day it will be 7.5 for us, I"ll win the bet if it's completed by this time. Please don't tell me that there has been a longer one for a candle member!!!!! :lol: And John, I can't hardly wait to show those beautiful PR beaches to him.